RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my first mile to my current 1400 miles, I have ran my bike HARD. I have already changed the oil twice and am currentlyrunning Amsoil 20W50. I guess my question is at what miles did you feel like your bike was pulling at her hardest? I know at 1400 miles my engine will losen up a lil more freeing up a few more ponies, right?

I know that all my Mustang GT's I have owned, felt like they startedpulling their hardestaround 7K-10K miles on the engine. Is this the same for the Warrior or am I already 100% broke in?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I know to get the rings to seal their best would be a series of 2nd or 3rd gear high rev and just let the throttle go and the bike engine brake " Jake Brake". Do it as often as you want and you will find the when you roll back into the throttle it will really jump. Then you know your ready.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
For mine it was around the 2 or 300 mile mark. That's when I had the tranny recall done and had them drop in the HC pistons!

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
You are 100% broke in.

Its time to continue your mods. You added a freer-flowing exhaust but not a freer-flowing intake so you are still starved for air. Get a VBAK.

You'll need a PC3 or PC5 to get the ponies across the rpm range. The Warrior is shipped de-tuned although thankfullythe injection system delivers plenty of fuel for thestreet. You need air, and tuning capability to manage it.

Also consider Dynatek DC2-1 40,000-volt coils, Iridium DPR7EIX-9 spark plugs,and 8mm shielded plug-wires. Then you have fuel air and spark maximized.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
You are 100% broke in.

Its time to continue your mods. You added a freer-flowing exhaust but not a freer-flowing intake so you are still starved for air. Get a VBAK.

You'll need a PC3 or PC5 to get the ponies across the rpm range. The Warrior is shipped de-tuned although thankfullythe injection system delivers plenty of fuel for thestreet. You need air, and tuning capability to manage it.

Also consider Dynatek DC2-1 40,000-volt coils, Iridium DPR7EIX-9 spark plugs,and 8mm shielded plug-wires. Then you have fuel air and spark maximized.

Ya, my birthday is this Friday & I plan on giving Woody a call here within a few weeks to get myself a B-day present. (VBAK) I can't wait to get rid of the stock filter housing on the side of the bike.

I don't have access to a dyno, which is why I bought the V&H fuel pack. It has a setting adjustment for when you add a BAK.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
mine finally finished loosening up at about 7k miles. I bought it with 3.5k on it. my gas milages gradually got better over time and finally topped out at 7k. cant say i noticed any increase in power except for the vbak i put on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts