RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it would be interesting to see how many of you have scraped

your stock headers (without crashing in the process) and was wondering if you have

scrapped any other hard parts. I was unaware that the Warrior had a lean

angle sensor until I turned so hard the bike shut of for a second. It was a shocker!

Was I just Lucky, or do I posses skills?
Come on people lets here your stories!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I scraped the stock header and the footpeg brackets. Don't know exactly when it happened but I recognised it after a 3 week trip through the french alps ;-)

lean angle sensor? no experience with that.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Stock pipe, foot peg and forward control bracket all on the right side. Then changed to Jug Huggers scraped them too, V&H Big shots, Pro Pipe..have scraped them all.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
well, if it has two wheels, it scrapes something.

depending on lowerings and weights, the stock header and footpeg brackets scrape nearly at the same time. i had footpeg extensions which raise the peg brackets a bit. so scraping the stock header isn't a problem anymore.

anybody with aftermarket footpegs: what scrapes next of not pipes or peg brackets?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I scraped the stock header, as well as the header on the SpeedStar pipe. I had to take quite a bit of metal off of the footpeg mounts first, but eventually they got worn down enough.

Oh yeah, that was also on a lifted Warrior....

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have the iso-flame pegs and have gone through 3 set of curb feelers. the left one turns out after 2 scrapes, no matter how much loc tite. now i just let the pegs grind.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm a peg grinder too !!!! BTW the Lean Angle Cut-off switch actuates at 65 degrees. The bikes only good for about 40. Maybe something else is loose?

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
You guys need to go slower. I never scraped anything on my bike..shame on you hotrods.

I am assuming the lean angle sensor cuts the fuel off because at 65 degrees you are more than likely testing out your leathers and the back tire is parallel to the road??

I have scraped the front of my trailer on the highway for cornering too fast though
lotsa sparks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts