RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Warriors.

I am making a run of AlanH's rigid front turn signal brackets. These will be laser cut from Alan's CAD drawings and will only need surface finishing (paint, chrome, whatever). No one makes these...so this is a one time opportunity to grab these for cheap!

Here is the original thread where AlanH described them...so please visit this link before asking questions:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24114

These brackets will mount directly to the lower triple trees, and will require new bolts for the trees and spacers.

You can get the spacers from www.mcmaster.com. The spacer part number is: 92320A665.

You will need to drill the spacers out to 5/16" ID...as they come with an ID of 1/4" which is a hair too small. This is easy work with a drill press.

You will also need new bolts for the triple trees. Again, McMaster will have what you need. The bolts that will fit, and will accept a torque wrench are the following part number: 91287A307

I will be making a run of about 15 pairs minimum, and I will offer them to any member here for what they cost to produce. Right now, cost of steel, plus laser cutting, plus $4 to ship them to you puts the total for each *pair* of brackets (enough to mount two new front signals) is at $22.

Please reply to this thread and confirm if you want a pair. They will be first-come first-serve. I will not ask for any deposit...but please do not back out and leave me holding the bill. As I said, I will not make a single penny from this...I am just doing it because I want a pair...and it makes a lot of sense just to do a run of them.

If I have overwhelming demand (more than 15 commitments) I may extend the size of the run..depending on how many more need to be cut.

Again...these will be shipped to you in rough finish. They will be cut from 304 Stainless Steel which will not rust and is easy to polish. You can chrome, paint, or powdercoat them to your taste.

Please confirm on this thread if you want a pair.

Total confirmed orders (FINAL TOTAL): 23...26

Update on Sep 6th: The order now exceeds the expected number of brackets...I will extend the amount by whatever is necessary. I return from the Dragon on the 11th. The cutoff date is 6pm Chicago time on the 12th. Also, it is always possile to do another run sometime in the future... probably a good winter mod.

Best.

Chris.

p.s. I didn't know where to put this thread....if possible I would appreciate it GREATLY if the mods can leave it in the General area for a little while before moving it. This is a service to members of the forum, and I won't make a penny.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey Chris definetly count me in for a set! These are great looking brackets. Shoot me a p'm regarding payment info and I'll send it out today![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't need anyone's payments until I get the brackets cut.

However, payment can be sent in two ways:

1) Check to Christopher Gleeson sent to my mailing address:

Christopher Gleeson
1003 S. Smith Rd.
APT E
Urbana, IL. 61802

2) Paypal to the following account: [email protected]

**Please include your USERNAME on this forum in the comments seciton if you use PayPal.

I will update page one of this thread when I have the brackets ready to send. At that point, I will ask for payments to be sent. As soon as payment is received, I will ship out your brackets. There is no need to send any payment until I update that the brackets are ready to ship.

For now...I just need to know how many people are committed to ordering...so I can plan things with the laser cutter.

Best.

Chris.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I'm in... I think you should also include the spacers and bolts needed as well.. for those less technically inclined to order the *right* thing the first time.. LOL...

EDIT

Now I need to determine what type bullet lights to get for use a running lights only. I still plan to install the led wrap arounds on the fork covers I'll get around to installing one of these days..

1 - 20 of 189 Posts