RS Warrior Forum banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trying to pin down the leak on my ‘02 Warrior. I’d been smelling gas but never saw a leak anywhere. Then last week noticed a puddle. It seems to be at the fuel pipe joint (is that the dry break?). I saw a drop under part #37 I think. I tried replacing the O ring in #36 but that didn’t work. I left the break disconnected and noticed still leaking from the lower connector (37). I’m trying to piece together what most guys are running into.....replace bottom connector?

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #231 (Edited)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It ended up being the lower dry break under the seat. Considering replacing all four halves (two under seat and two left side), but is the issue with just the male end of the break?

And I'm having trouble finding in here but is there a special tool or method for removing and replacing the hose clamps?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #234 (Edited)
I believe this is the first underseat drybreak I have seen crack and leak. Good job finding it. Yes the individual dry break halves can be bought. I do not know if the factory part will have the same reinforcement as the left-side drybreak.

The clamps are fuel injection type high pressure clamps. I dremeled one apart above the crimp so stayed away from the hose. I used an old tile nipper to crimp the new replacement.

I prefer this permanent clamp on the stock drybreak because it keeps its seal and will not be removed by some shop should it ever be necessary. Plus the style is more compact and there is no sharp projecting end to catch on adjacent hoses or wires. But that is just me. That line is not pressurized. Yamaha seemingly used that style clamp for long term security and space savings. It seems wise to me!

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
It ended up being the lower dry break under the seat. Considering replacing all four halves (two under seat and two left side), but is the issue with just the male end of the break?

And I'm having trouble finding in here but is there a special tool or method for removing and replacing the hose clamps?

No special tool Req'd for removing this clamp.
Here's some early contributions:

apbrian112....The front hose clamp has been replaced

• Squeeze the clamp slightly with a pliers and pry carefully with a small screw driver HERE. You don't want to damage the tank nipple. If you're careful you can reuse this clamp
quote:Originally posted by apbrian112

thx alan, i'll try this when i get home tonight... do you suggest i get new clamps for the front (and rear) since they've been changed, or will the regular clamps work? i haven't had any problems with fueling (leaking, bogging, etc)...

I used a F.I. Hose Clamp when the tins came back from painting because i had one and it's compact.

This is a gravity feed line and not under any pressure so a std clamp is fine

Additional reading here if interested: Fuel line clamp tool :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks! I actually had just gone out to the bike and was able to remove it pretty easily with a small screw driver.

I ordered a new dry break and clamps. I agree with arizonawarrior, I'd rather stick with what they had on that originally.

I went to the other thread about removing the clamps, but has anyone found a good way to put the new ones on?

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
Thanks! I actually had just gone out to the bike and was able to remove it pretty easily with a small screw driver.

I ordered a new dry break and clamps. I agree with arizonawarrior, I'd rather stick with what they had on that originally.

I went to the other thread about removing the clamps, but has anyone found a good way to put the new ones on?

Clic/Clic-R Pliers or equivalent - Post #13 in the provided link stated above in my OP, "Additional reading here if interested" using the OEM clamp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry....didn't scroll up. Found one on eBay for less than $10. From CA. Figured since I have the '02 this might not be my last leak to fix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe this is the first underseat drybreak I have seen crack and leak.
All fixed and good to go! The new dry break was reinforced like the side ones. I noticed the dry break under my side cover was reinforced. I talked to the original owner (my brother-in-law) and he said he had already replaced that one. So that's two for this bike.

Also used the factory clamps. Easy easy with the tool ($10 on eBay)

221 - 240 of 246 Posts