RS Warrior Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Seems like enough have popped off at the elbow that there should be a recall. It's dangerous as ****. Matt Seaworth had his burn down from that se elbow leaking. Had it happen on my.old Warrior, but I was only a couple blocks in so the motor wasn't hot yet.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Seems like enough have popped off at the elbow that there should be a recall. It's dangerous as ****. Matt Seaworth had his burn down from that se elbow leaking. Had it happen on my.old Warrior, but I was only a couple blocks in so the motor wasn't hot yet.
I only noticed the smell of fuel when parked in the garage, then noticed the slowly expanding puddle under the bike. It really seemed like the sleeve that the fuel line mounts to, just came loose. I don't know if those are friction fit, or suppose to be welded etc. but given what seems to be the quantity of issues, and the potential impact the defect causes, it should be a considered a serious issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just developed a leak on the left side. Still haven't determined exactly where yet. Looked up in there but didn't see the source.

Is there a method for finding leaks other than flashlight/headlight and or taking it apart

·
Administrator
28,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Nope. If you read through this entire thread you will see examples of places it might leak, so you can look in the right places. Some disassembly required.

If its a small drip-leak then maybe you can ride until the top tank is really low or empty and the fuel light comes on, but if you suspect the leak is front-left-under the tank where the fuel line exits be careful. Other than that spot, its less worry about gas pouring out.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts