RS Warrior Forum banner

261 - 263 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
The nipple on the end of the fuel line picture come loose from the housing, this may be where your leak is from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Cleaned it off and checked again this morning after riding yesterday (didn't know it was leaking). I have an almost full tank. Can I flip the tank safely to work on this? Or need to burn some gas up?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
That aluminum fitting that attaches to the tank uses a press-fit connector that is known to come loose. Check through this thread for pics by other members and you will find a match and will know where to look and what to do. I know its a long thread but its worth the time.
Thanks Arizona! Read the whole thing and it's scary how easy this was to push back in. Secured it with zip ties and going to ride around until the gas tank is empty and check for leaks. Either use jb weld or just purchase a new piece.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
JB Weld could be bad when it comes to this type assembly.

I believe the same friction-fit design is used for the opposite side tube into the underside of the fuel tank.

I pulled my empty tank and inspected. When I pulled gently the entire thing came out of the fuel tank.

I wiped everything down, padded the tank with a thick towel against damage. The plug end seemed secure on mine. I used steady pressure by hand to re-insert the tube fitting back into the fuel tank side. When it seemed square in the opening I applied as much hand pressure as I could safely. I felt it go in a bit more. It has not come out again since. My plug end has not leaked or come out like yours. I have seen others who did.

Someone here disassembled and did the heat-up to the female bit and the freeze to the male bit. They said it worked. Dunno.

Someone else here bought a new assembly but it was exactly the same friction fit so could come loose again.

To me this is a silly design. But it seems sort of common out there on some different manufacturer's bikes.

261 - 263 of 263 Posts