RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I hope all of you are having a great year so far. After going through it a lot in my head and before I change my mind I have decided to Sell my Warrior :(
I’m getting the bike up and running and hoping to somehow register it as well and then going to put it up for sell. So I need your help deciding how much it’s approximately worth!!
I been out of the Warrior scene for a while now and not sure what they are worth these days. I also brought the bike from The States so not sure how much they are really worth here in Australia or at least In NSW. I know they are super hard to find and there are not that many of them around, specially with this much custom parts and accessories.

Now the bike.
2005 midnight warrior
2010 Yamaha Roadstar calendar winner. Also got couple of the calendars in mint condition
Air ride suspension
280 fat tire kit
V-BAVK
Samson exhaust
Drag bars and much more.
It has over 30k but as of this moment not sure the exact number.

Ps, if anyone knows anyone which can be recommended to pass the slip for the rego please let me know.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,066 Posts
Since buying my Warrior I have seen prices go as high as 28k. A couple still had the big honking muffler, but most had Vance and Hines pipes. You know if the bike is mechanically solid and the bike has/is being well looked after you might get middle to high teens. The old adage that a bike is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If you include some photos of your Warrior you might get some more feedback.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,879 Posts
One way to find value is to place a free motorcycle-for-sale ad here, check the forum rules for free ads. You can copy and paste much of what you have posted here. Then choose a price and make it or-best-offer so members can pass-the-word for you and also you might get questions and offers. Its a good way to know what its value is.

But try not to turn this post into a for-sale ad 'cause you'll force me to get out me tomahawk! J/K sorta!

Cool.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you guys are right, I guess at the end it’s all about how much is someone is Willing to pay for it ! Well here is a couple of photos. Hopefully they loaded just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I hope all of you are having a great year so far. After going through it a lot in my head and before I change my mind I have decided to Sell my Warrior :(
I’m getting the bike up and running and hoping to somehow register it as well and then going to put it up for sell. So I need your help deciding how much it’s approximately worth!!
I been out of the Warrior scene for a while now and not sure what they are worth these days. I also brought the bike from The States so not sure how much they are really worth here in Australia or at least In NSW. I know they are super hard to find and there are not that many of them around, specially with this much custom parts and accessories.

Now the bike.
2005 midnight warrior
2010 Yamaha Roadstar calendar winner. Also got couple of the calendars in mint condition
Air ride suspension
280 fat tire kit
V-BAVK
Samson exhaust
Drag bars and much more.

Ps, if anyone knows anyone which can be recommended to pass the slip for the rego please let me know.

Thanks everyone
Its a real nice hot rod.
Post the free ad. Its summer there.
Hi, realise this is an old post, was considering bringing in one of these for myself and wanted to know if you could let me know what you paid for shipping from US to Aust, and what did the compliancing cost ?
Did you buy the bike as advertised, if so was there much hassles getting compliance due to the mods ?

Thanks and look forward to your info

Cheers Brad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, realise this is an old post, was considering bringing in one of these for myself and wanted to know if you could let me know what you paid for shipping from US to Aust, and what did the compliancing cost ?
Did you buy the bike as advertised, if so was there much hassles getting compliance due to the mods ?

Cheers Brad.
hey b

Cheers Brad.
Hey Brad,

hope all is well mate. Well I did this about 7 years ago. Things might have changed by now so I highly recommend doing your own research so you have the latest and up to date info. But my story is different from everyone else here in Australia. back then and I’m sure holds true to date, you simply CANT purchase a bike from overseas and just send it over here. There are laws to protect the big companies here. As I’m sure you are aware most things are cheaper overseas. So the law protect the big companies here so everyone don’t go purchase theirs cars and bikes overseas for half price and send them over here. BUT if the car and bike is older than 1989 it’s easier and IS possible to send here without too much headache. I brought mine under “personal import”. Which means, if you are an Australian citizen or have a permanent visa that allows you to work and stay in Australia with the possibility of getting permanent residency then you can enter or bring one bike to Australia every 5 years. To qualify for Personal Import then you would have to have lived abroad for over 1 year and had the bike registered and owned it under “your name” for at least 12 months. But the shipping was less than 2k and pass the compliance if your bike is modified or custom IS A BIG PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! I hope that helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey b

Hey Brad,

hope all is well mate. Well I did this about 7 years ago. Things might have changed by now so I highly recommend doing your own research so you have the latest and up to date info. But my story is different from everyone else here in Australia. back then and I’m sure holds true to date, you simply CANT purchase a bike from overseas and just send it over here. There are laws to protect the big companies here. As I’m sure you are aware most things are cheaper overseas. So the law protect the big companies here so everyone don’t go purchase theirs cars and bikes overseas for half price and send them over here. BUT if the car and bike is older than 1989 it’s easier and IS possible to send here without too much headache. I brought mine under “personal import”. Which means, if you are an Australian citizen or have a permanent visa that allows you to work and stay in Australia with the possibility of getting permanent residency then you can enter or bring one bike to Australia every 5 years. To qualify for Personal Import then you would have to have lived abroad for over 1 year and had the bike registered and owned it under “your name” for at least 12 months. But the shipping was less than 2k and pass the compliance if your bike is modified or custom IS A BIG PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! I hope that helps.

Cheers
Hey, thanks for the info. Yeh have been doing quite a bit of research into this already.
What $ did you get for your warrior in the end?
Cheers Brad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
  • Hey, thanks for the info. Yeh have been doing quite a bit of research into this already.
    What $ did you get for your warrior in the end?
    Cheers Brad.
    Yeah hopefully that was helpful to you. well it’s a tricky bike to put a price on due to being a unique bike. Haven’t sold it yet, but I’m planing on putting up for sale by end of the month. Thankfully it’s all registered and good to go, so I won’t be in a rush to to sell it. Will be putting up for sell for over 20k, so I will have a complete different market.

·
Registered
2012 Yamaha Roadliner S Midnight
1,066 Posts

Now the bike.
2005 midnight warrior
Air ride suspension
280 fat tire kit
V-BAVK
Samson exhaust
Drag bars and much more.

Thanks everyone
Not sure if this is a current posting, but would like to see pics of the Warrior. If it’s not a current post please disregard the pics request.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if this is a current posting, but would like to see pics of the Warrior. If it’s not a current post please disregard the pics request.
hey mate, there is couple pics of the bike on here. Have a look. Just up the page.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just looking at another forum with regard to state laws for allowable licence plate locations and got a good laugh out of this.

Quote.....Just bolt the number plate to the back of your helmet!. Its fixed to your head and therefore "fixed" to the bike by the retaining straps of your helmet, and it can be clearly seen from the proper angles. This has the advantage of only requiring one number plate for all your bikes. Just make sure your personal number plate doesn't read DIKHED!.....
End quote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts