RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Im getting serious about engine work. Im thinking about doing the big bore kit, head work, and new cam. This is going to get real expensive and Im wondering if Im going to have to do oil coolers and new lines and god knows what else just to keep up with all the new power. The guys at PR and OE are great and they have explained to me that I can do things in steps, but each time I have it dynoed and mapped it costs me $275. I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My fear is that after I spend the $2700 on the motor Im going to run into a lot of necessary upgrades. So, has anyone done these mods (I also have the standard pc111, DIY BAK, and pipes thing done) and left the rest stock?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with Kipstoy. No one bike can fill all my wants. IMHO, kinda like Fararri making a four wheel drive SUV. The Warrior was a compromise for me. I borrow a friend of mine's GXR-1000 as he does my Warrior. Now thats trust!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys might be right instead of going in dept maybe I should keep my cruiser a "cruiser" and buy a used sport bike.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
dtm, do what your heart desires. There is nothing wrong with modying the bike and kicking some VRODs butts. I love the Warrior and will keep on modifying it forever. Frankly speaking, I wish Yamaha made this bike a mid-11 bike from the get-go, so I do not have to do it. This bike, is a boulevard cruiser (IMHO) and a boulevard bike is a muscle bike. By now I know this engine and the mods inside out, email me if you have specific questions and I will let you know all the answers....

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
It isn't a stort bike that is for sure, but, instead it is a MUSCLE bike. Like a muscle car, you can mod it to get freakish grunting power, not quick and zippy like a tiny sports car or the sport bikes. What is wrong with haveing a faster bike than anyone elses in that class of bike and even some others. If I wanted a bike that could go real fast in the curves, I am sorry but I would have bought a sport bike. Yes, it is an added benifit that the Warrior can take curves like no other cruiser, but what really sold me on this bike was the good looks and potential, and the 102ci muscle.. If I could afford to do all of the motor mods that PR and OE has done, even a fraction of them, I would in a heart beat. I will, but not soon, over time! I would eventually like to drag race this thing, but not a boner stock bike.

If you like, get an R1, I would love to, but I think that I would more than likely keep it stock. What fun would that be? It would be like everyone elses!!

Just think, with 2500 bucks worth of mods, you'll be beating most every, stock sport bike on the road. I already blew an r6, you should have seen how he jumped when I passed him, he wasn't expecting that!!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
The sport bike fits my need for speed just fine. The R6 is cheaper than the R1 and probably more fun in the twisties. As far as the Warrior goes, goin' over 100mph gets old fast. Increase your stop light to stop light speeds and in my opinion that's all you'll really need. It's more fun ripping up pavement and pulling wheelies with a touque monster than running high speeds with this beast.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bismarck--
What are those tubes on your frame behind the forks--oil coolers or nitrous? How are your qtr. mile times? What's left on your To Do list? Bitchin' ride, BTW.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've got the PC3 and a aftermarket pipe and besides some luggage and replacing the shield, thats probably all I'm gonna do with her.

I can't see spending 4-6000 to have a fast slow bike, you know?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Paint is next(it is peices now), I have the Ripsaws, done a few simple mods, and plan on doing the BAK and related mods. This winter if time permits me, I plan on taking the bike all the way down and paint the frame, and do some internal motor mods.

"I can't see spending 4-6000 to have a fast slow bike, you know?" 4000, to 6000, you will have a 9sec bike. How is that slow? You'll beat any sporty light to light out there. I am beating most with the exception of the 900's light to light right now, with just the pipes and small mods.

"It's more fun ripping up pavement and pulling wheelies with a touque monster than running high speeds with this beast."

Sure going over 100 gets old fast, but how do you figure that a sport bike is going to have more torque than this bike, and your gonna run higher speeds with a sporty, cos' until you find a way to up your rev limit, you'll never getter over 135 with htis bike! Light to light your gonna smoke the sporties, while your launching they are trying deparatly to and can't keep the front down because of their short wheel base. Sporties can pull wheelies, they are designed to!!! The warrior is desighned to not pull a wheelie, but rather hook or spin!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
As an owner of both an R-1 and a Warrior I can tell you that the Warrior is torquey, but still a cruiser. The R-1 has the type of neck snapping, frightening torque that makes every gear feel like second. Don't get me wrong I love my Warrior but it's not blowing away any high performance supersport.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wackochango

Bismarck--
What are those tubes on your frame behind the forks--oil coolers or nitrous? How are your qtr. mile times? What's left on your To Do list? Bitchin' ride, BTW.

Sorry guys had not sen this post in a while.

Those tubes are Wimmer oil coolers and it was a pain kitting them since it had to be customized for the warrior and also do not com ewith an adapter. Had to use Barons. While at it, I bout two more kits for anyone who wants to put them on their bike. Just let me know and I will sell them to you.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kipstoy

As an owner of both an R-1 and a Warrior I can tell you that the Warrior is torquey, but still a cruiser. The R-1 has the type of neck snapping, frightening torque that makes every gear feel like second. Don't get me wrong I love my Warrior but it's not blowing away any high performance supersport.

Guys lets be fair, we are comparing wrong bikes. IF you want a power boulevard stop light to stop light bike, VMAX is the bike. Not the Warrior.

Even with my beast I do not ever chalenge an R1. Maybe a pro drag rider could but I am by no means one. And, the decision to pour money into the motor or not, its a matter of personal choice. IF you want afaster Warrior, do it, if not, just enjoy the bike. I have just as much fun on a stock Warrior as I do on a moded one.

I have not yet ran a quarter mile time as I have no means of timing the beast

1 - 17 of 17 Posts