RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I had a place in Indianapolis who does "show quality" work powdercoat my wheels. They blasted the original finish off and recoated both of them for $170. It shouldn't cost you anything for a different color since they have to prep the wheels in the first place. I had them done once before for $100 by another guy but you get waht you pay for. The job was marginal.There were some runs and they eventually started chipping.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I just got a quote to do my wheels two days ago. $250 for both in flat or glossblack.

He'd charge me $25 for bars, or anything of that size.

He does charge more for colors.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I read that serious PC also prep their stuff. They blast it, acetone or MEK it, bake it to get out the oils, and then acetone it again.

If they don't prep it, how can they guarantee it?

http://cherokeechopperworks.com/Price_list.html

Here istheir pricelist which is very competitive IMO.

MOTORCYCLE
Air cleaner $20 with mounting back $25
Battery box $30
Brake caliper $30
Brake master cylinder $20
Chain or belt guard $20
Crash bar $50
Points cover $10
Motor cases pair $110
Cylinder each $45
Head each $40
Fenders Front $60 Rear $100
Fork lowers pair $50
Foot pegs set of 4 $10 controls $15
Gas tank $100 split fatbob style $170
Levers pair $15
Bars $25
Risers $25
Headlight bucket $18
Kickstand $23
Trans Case $50
Oil tank stock $30 Horseshoe or round $45
Rocker boxes set Shovel $43 Pan/knuckle $45 Evo $50 brit or jap $43
Triple trees lower $25 Upper $18 Set $35
Wheels pair Spoke rim only $65 Aluminum wheels $175
Springer or Girder $125
Ceramic coatings, Jet Hot, Hot Soaking, and all other names for ceramic coatingincluding all prep work
Exhaust 2 pipes or 2 in 1 black, white, cast iron, red, or blue$80
4 cylinder $115
Heat Sheilds black or white $30 and up depending on amount of parts

Ceramic colors are Satin Black, Satin White, Cast Iron, Satin Red, and Satin Blue

Benefits to Ceramic coating small horsepower gain when done on the pipes. The parts will be cooler to the touch less likely to burn yourself. Ceramic coating can take heat up to 2000 degrees.

Benefits to Powder coating. Does not oxidize. 5 to 10 times stronger than standard painting. Cheaper. Does not need to be waxed or polished.

Blasting or grinding $30 an hour
Body work mig welding or lab metal $30 an hour

Shipping back to you is a flat rate of $10 inside the USA, $15us in Canada, please inquire for international shipping

·
Registered
188 Posts
i had quite a few pieces done for about $120 in semi-gloss black. both wheels, swingarm, fork tube covers, belt guard and some other non-motorcycle parts. you have to make sure that the coating is non-fading from UV. apparently many shades of black can fade relatively fast in the sun.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The prices listed above seem about right. I had about every piece on my bike done 4 years ago. I think he was charging $40 per wheel at the time and $150 for the frame. All the other pieces were $10-$25 each. That included him prepping them.

I ended up getting it at about half of what he quoted me because he took 2 weeks longer than he told me when I dropped it off. I think i ended up with everything powdercoated and the exhause ceramic coated for $260.

I think he did charge more or less for different colors.

The shop is in Kokomo, IN but can't remember the name. I know its about a block from Big Daddy's adult entertainment lounge lol. Anyone near there I would recomend them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Alomost forgot....my brother moved to Gillette about 2 years ago. He rolls on an 03 with flames if you see one running around.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the lists of $.

Camel said:
Alomost forgot....my brother moved to Gillette about 2 years ago. He rolls on an 03 with flames if you see one running around.

I haven't seen another warrior since I got my bike 1.5yrs ago. What color warrior? It sure would be nice to meet up with someone for once........

·
Registered
523 Posts
wyomingwarrior said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the lists of $.

Camel said:

I haven't seen another warrior since I got my bike 1.5yrs ago. What color warrior? It sure would be nice to meet up with someone for once........

It's got a silver base with blue/green flames. Its also got black wheels w/ a 240.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Camel said:

It's got a silver base with blue/green flames. Its also got black wheels w/ a 240.
now that sounds bad @ss....... So why the **** is your brother not floating around on the forum? Tell him to get his *** on here I need a riding/modding buddy lol

EDIT: that's weird.... I wrote a r s e but with no spaces instead of @ss and it automatically changed it to *** interesting lol

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Camel said:
The prices listed above seem about right. I had about every piece on my bike done 4 years ago. I think he was charging $40 per wheel at the time and $150 for the frame. All the other pieces were $10-$25 each. That included him prepping them.

I ended up getting it at about half of what he quoted me because he took 2 weeks longer than he told me when I dropped it off. I think i ended up with everything powdercoated and the exhause ceramic coated for $260.

I think he did charge more or less for different colors.

The shop is in Kokomo, IN but can't remember the name. I know its about a block from Big Daddy's adult entertainment lounge lol. Anyone near there I would recomend them.
Here's another great source in the Central Indiana area. I know "firsthand" how good their work is. They are "show quality".

http://www.indypowdercoating.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts