RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I change my name on this forum?? I signed up before I had a warrior and didn't really care about a login name. Now I want to change it, how do I do it? Is there a way to atleast change how it is displayed? Pumpkin warrior help a brother out!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Go to edit profile in the upper right hand corner of any screen. When that screen opens click on Name and type any name you want to appear with your posts. Keep in mind that this does not actually change the username of your account, just what people see you as when you post. When you sign in, you will still have to use the original username that you signed up with. There is no way to change your username, short of signing up with a new account.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I don't see the name option. I see several tabs: Signature and Bio, About, Avatar, Email, Site Options, Password, Favorites.

No name though. Under the About you can change your name, but thats only in your profile, not the name that people see when you post.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Oops I skipped an important part. After you go to edit profile open the "About" tab. The first field in that tab is Name.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, that field is only applied to your profile, not the name used in posts. It looks like the only way to change your name is to open anew account. Thats a pain. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ekmaint said:
Your new forum name is [ 10PSI ] LOL
+1

So 10psi, is your new avatar a Mastiff puppy? My brother-in-law has one of those. It's full grown now; the thing is a beast.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My avatar is actually a Puggle, but a very MANLY Puggle. He is fully grown at whopping 32lbs. He looks very similar to a Mastiff puppy though. He is a an apartment size beast!!!

I would be glad to change forum Name to 10PSI if someone tells me how to do it. I am pretty sure its impossible.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I tried doing a search to find the directions because I know I remember Sean posting something saying how to do it and it CAN be done but unfortunately I didn't have time to sift through all the crap and find the right one. You can always PM Carknee directly but be prepared to wait a few weeks for a reply. I believe Stevo also changed his name so you can try PMing him as well and see if he remembers how.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did some searching around, and it seems that I need to PM one of the admin guys, and they can change the name for me. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So you did "Scootman", that was simple enough then. As far as that post saying to contact the admin because he has to do it, look at the date on it. That was under the old website and forum software. With this new one it's not that hard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I changed my name under Edit Profile | About | Name to 10PSI. I don't see it being updated though. Its been about 30 min now. The profile is updated, but the name that shows up in the forums isn't.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
NHWarrior

Okay, try this then

Select Edit Profile from the upper right hand corner, you will see

Then select site options from the tabs, you will see

make sure "Enable Display Name" is set to YES

Then select about

Highlight your name in the field box

type the name you would rather have, then hit save at the bottom

See if that gets 'er done!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nope it doesn't work. Hey Scott try to change your name to Scootman2. I am curious to see if it works.

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am not obsessed, just frustrated that I can't do it. Whats the deal? Do I need to be a gold supporter in order for this to work? I am donating some money to see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Didnt think of that, but I would assume not...but it is good to support the 4m...It changed just fine for me NH, not sure why yours is not.

BTW, I think Gold means I have donated more than one year (not sure)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts