RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carknee,
I realize the site is free and I realize you do not want 10 threads saying the site is slow. I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate your efforts.

What is the preferred method by which you would like forum members to report problems (i.e. HTTP 500 errors or slowness)? I assume you are not monitoring the site every 5 minutes so perhaps a standard way of communicating or reporting problems would help.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:
What is the preferred method by which you would like forum members to report problems (i.e. HTTP 500 errors or slowness)?

Starting one thread on the problem is fine. When everyone starts there own it is annoying.

quote:
I assume you are not monitoring the site every 5 minutes

On a normal work day I am on the site every 30 minutes or so! I dont do much on it, but I check the active topics for anything intersting.

quote: so perhaps a standard way of communicating or reporting problems would help.

How about this...

1. I will start a thread titled "Server Problems" in this forum.
2. Whenever members experience chronic problems post the date/time and description as a reply.

This will keep a log of all past problems, and they will all be in one place.

CarKnee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Server problem thread sounds good. Date and time are posted automatically at the top of each post.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
U4EA,
Yes the date & time are posted automatically, but the time you get the post to work and the time the problem occured are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts