RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a quick search on how to get a pic under my call name.... I do believe it's the avatar feature in my profile. My question is... how do I get a pic on there.Can a put a pic on there from photobucket? I'm at work so I can't really download any pics onto this computer. I've tried a few from photobucket but so far have not been successful. Please help a computer illiterate brother out. lol.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How to set up avatar....

so I must have done something some where some how cause all the pics I've tried to put there haven't worked... and I don't recall ever trying to put this pic int there lol. Well I guess it's back to playing round with it. I can't watch videos on this computer.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ok my current avatar pic was an old pic I had on photobucket a while back and don't even understand how it popped up there.I just disabled my avatar, and thenenabled itwhile attempting to insert a new pic and it STILL popped up
!!! What link do I use to put a pic from photobucket into my avatar?

IMG Code? HTML Code? Direct Link? Share URL?

EDIT: the current (save the whale) pic I just saved onto my computer here at workand uploaded it.Will this disappear if it gets erased off this computer?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

wyomingwarrior said:
EDIT: the current (save the whale) pic I just saved onto my computer here at workand uploaded it.Will this disappear if it gets erased off this computer?

No, it won't disappear. Unlike your sig pictures that have to be hosted somewhere with a link put in your profile settings the avatar picture is actually uploaded to the forum server and stays until you change it. I'm not sure how you could have possibly changed it without going to the avatar tab in edit profiles, that seems completely impossible to me. I can easily see it happening with sig pics though because if you start changing things in photobucket you could destroy the link to your pics here. It sounds like you have sig and avatar mixed up. Avatar is the little one on the left column and doesn't require a link at all (it's the uploaded one) unless for some reason your account has remote avatar URL enabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts