RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks I recently installed custom risers and a new handlbar on my warrior but the clutch cable, front brake line and throttle cable are now too long. Does anyone know how to shorten them or do I have to buy new ones?

My grips are also have a larger diameter than the standard warrior ones. Can I grind out the opening on the housing and shorten the throttle cable?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
They have "make your own" kits out there and in my head I think I see a page from Parts Unlimited but anyway they are out there. TBH I would buy some new and not try and fab some. Just measure off the cables you have and deduct what you dont need. You can get with MSSS and they can help. Same with the brake lines there are a lot of custom options out there for little expense.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
It's possible to shorten cables if you have the tool to correctly swedge the end onto the cable in the right way and to not damage the button end so it can move freely in its socket. The cable jacket can be shortened also, again its hard to install the ends and have it look good and last very long. IMO cables are better purchased.

I can't answer about enlarging the opening in the switch housing so larger OD grips will fit, but I wonder about the end of the grip and if it might just flop around? I think its good to have the grip generally supported by the handlebars isn't it?

miami_warrior said:
Hello folks I recently installed custom risers and a new handlbar on my warrior but the clutch cable, front brake line and throttle cable are now too long. Does anyone know how to shorten them or do I have to buy new ones?

My grips are also have a larger diameter than the standard warrior ones. Can I grind out the opening on the housing and shorten the throttle cable?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
There have been several posts in the past where warrior owners fitted HD grips on the warriors. But you will need to enlarge the hole that the slide goes in. I would not hesitate to do mine if I needed too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts