RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

While reading many valuable threads posted on the forums, I noticed that some warriors have trouble uploading pictures to their posts. So I decided to make a little tutorial for you all, just to make your life easier.

UPLOAD IMAGES HOSTED ON EXTERNAL SITES
I usually use tinypic.com to upload my images to rswarrior.com forums. There are many web sites like that but I noticed that TinyPic is very good and large images load fast into forums. I also like the fact that you do not need to create complicated accounts in order to upload images (i.e. PhotoBucket). Few simple clicks and you are done...

Most popular images have .gif or .jpg extensions. Any of them will do fine on rswarrior.com site.
Here it is the actual upload process:

Once you click the UPLOAD NOW button, the image will be stored and a new page will display the links you can use to post your image elsewhere:

You can copy the Direct Link, it will be used while you post the image at rswarrior.com forum. When you are ready to insert the picture into your post, click on the little image button:

A popup window will show and ask you to enter the image information:

Paste the image URL you copied previously and click on OK, your image will be displayed in the actual post:

Continue the post and submit your new thread/reply, as usual.

UPLOAD IMAGES AS ATTACHMENTS
Another way to upload images is to attach them to a new thread or reply. Once you click the New Thread or New Reply button, you will see a Manage Attachments button near the bottom of the page:

Clicking that button will display a small popup window where you can select your image to be attached into post:

I recommend you to upload one image at the time, it avoids breaking the upload process. Once the upload is completed, you can close the Attachments Manager window. Your attached images will be displayed into Attach Files section. Continue the post and submit your new thread/reply, as usual. Below, there is an example how an attached image looks like.

That's all, have fun with your pics. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This it is an actual example of the above tutorial.

TIP: How to re-use images
The method described above is useful if you have images on your computer and you want to share them with other users, on the rswarrior.com forum. There is no need for you to upload anything to tinypic.com
site, if you want to publish an image already present on the forums or other
site (i.e.DennisKirk).

All you have to do is Right-Click on the image
and select Properties. You will notice the image location:

Go ahead and try it on the above image.

Depending on what browser you use, the window will be a little diferent, but you will always have an image location (link) displayed. The browser will allow you to copy that location. Highlight it as you normally do for regular text and copy the link.
Then, repeat Step no. 2, listed above.

Some advanced browsers like Firefox will actually have a link called Copy Image Location/URL, when you Right-Click on the image. Basically, it saves you the trouble to select Properties and copy the image link.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Now that 's a post worthy of a stickie pin!!!!

Good job i am sure a lot of old and new members will be greatfull.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Thank you:} Used to be so easy......

This site is still so bloody frustrating, heck, I even have to sign in every time. Most of the time it doesn't log me off so now I just leave myself signed in. Many wonderful people still here and joining too but nowhere near how it used to be. Sad.....

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
It was definately more user friendly when you could upload the pics directlyto rswarrior. For me its a time thing. Too many steps, especially if you have multiple images, like from WF or BB, etc...and photobucket is PAINFULLY SLOW!

Having said that, this is definately a great post for members both old and new that are having problems loading pics.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I use the same exact procedure to post pics on this forum that I use on every forum I'm on. This one, the harley forum, ncsportbikes forum, xt225 forum, s&w forum, SEWR, etc, etc. I'm not trying to be funny but I don't recall seeing anyone complain about or even ask about how to post pictures on any forum except this one. It's really not that hard. You choose one of 718,493 different hosting sites to upload your picture to and then you cut/paste the url to that picture in-between IMG tags. And it's even been explained on this forum eleven dozen times. I think a lot of y'all got spoiled by the kindergarten interface of the last rswarrior forum software. Time to throw away the sippie cup and start drinking from the keg, I reckon. Don't hate me because what I say is true (because I didn't lie a single time in this post). Hate me because... oh ****, I dunno. You'll find a reason.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Teck,

You might want to update this thread for the new Forum?

And adding all the new ways to post a pic now too.:)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I just uploaded a pic to the albums here and put it in this post.

Go to your album on this site. You will see an Add Pictures button, Click. You will see 3 boxes with a browse button beside it. Click browse, and choose the photo you want to add. Click the button at the bottom that says Upload Photo. Then, you get a screen that shows the pic you uploaded and you click the Save Changes button. Now the photo is in your album.

To put the pic in a thread without using a thumbnail, click on the pic in the album and at the bottom you will see a URL and BB code for the pic. Highlight the entire BB Code and hit cntrl-c, when you create your post to the thread, just type what you want to say and then hit cntrl-v and it will paste the bb code in your post. When you submit the post your pic will show up in there like mine does below.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just uploaded a pic to the albums here and put it in this post.

Go to your album on this site. You will see an Add Pictures button, Click. You will see 3 boxes with a browse button beside it. Click browse, and choose the photo you want to add. Click the button at the bottom that says Upload Photo. Then, you get a screen that shows the pic you uploaded and you click the Save Changes button. Now the photo is in your album.

To put the pic in a thread without using a thumbnail, click on the pic in the album and at the bottom you will see a URL and BB code for the pic. Highlight the entire BB Code and hit cntrl-c, when you create your post to the thread, just type what you want to say and then hit cntrl-v and it will paste the bb code in your post. When you submit the post your pic will show up in there like mine does below.

And then I assume that if you ever removed that pic from your album it would also not show up in that post anymore?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teck,

You might want to update this thread for the new Forum?

And adding all the new ways to post a pic now too.:)
Done, see the first post. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts