RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i seem to have once again fallen on a problem.Hope someone can shed a little light on this for me.I started by putting K&N stock replacement filters on my bike,doing the exhaust mod discribed on the DIY part of the fm,ais block off.I guess the bug wasnt satisfied.Pulled out the coffin and put a BAK in and put on a slip-on.My problem is now my plugs are white.Ive bumped my ECU to over 50 on both plugs but than the bike would barely run,Is the bak and exhaust slip-on beyond the ECUs ability to richen the motor up.Im ordering a pcv this week,do you think this will solve my problems or is there something else wrong and i would be waisting my money.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
If all things are working as they should with bumping the ECU, it almost sounds like you have something going on with the fuel system itself. How long are you idling or riding the bike before and after you check plugs?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been making the ecu adjustment and going for a 6 mile run than checking the plugs and havnt changed at all.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I know it's gonna be tricky, but if you posted pics of your plugs, it might help someone here to see if they are truly indicating lean!!

Also, if you've bumped the ECU to over 50, and now the bike wont' run, it's prolly too rich!! Though the plugs will usually indicate it, there might be something off.

Pics will always help, if possible for you to post?

Good luck man!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get some pics for you guys,they are white,real white.could it be a pinched line or something stupid im not seeing.Im about to pull the #@&*%$ thing out in the yard and set it on fire.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
I'm also with Mike. If you can post pics, then maybe we can get an exact idea and indication on whats going on. btk572 and a few others usually know all about this stuff, hopefully they could shed some light on this topic for you and us.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
i thought the ecu bump was for idle and very low in the rpm range not the whole rpm range . were talking bak pipes and all freed up air flow here so it may very well take a pc to correct the problem. but check the air temp sensor is working and grounded if needed. ground problems often go hand in hand with these mods no ground no sensors work ,btk572

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
White plugs mean you are running lean

What are you rpms are you idling at? Is it running different?

Getting the PCV is def the best way to go, instead of bumping the ecu

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
The LCV may be staying open allowing extra air into the engine.

Remove each large diameter hose from each throttle body & cap the throttle body ports with a vacuum cap or a short piece of hose with a screw/bolt in one end to seal it off. Do not use a jumper hose & connect the throttle bodies together.

Make a test run & check the plugs.

You will need to add some throttle on cold start for a short time.

If the CO display has a - (minus sign) in front of the digit your going in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
i thought the ecu bump was for idle and very low in the rpm range not the whole rpm range . were talking bak pipes and all freed up air flow here so it may very well take a pc to correct the problem. but check the air temp sensor is working and grounded if needed. ground problems often go hand in hand with these mods no ground no sensors work ,btk572
I had the ECU bump when I had VBAK and pipe and it affected A/F trim throughout the RPM range.

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
Try WD40 with the straw & spray around the intake manifolds while the bike is running. Any change in RPM or exhaust note indicates a manifold/gasket leak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts