RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Bo I finally picked up my fatty kit. G&S 8.5/9" wheel with round edge with Barons swingarm & hidden brake bracket. I got it home from Bo & stripped all the black & put her back to stock finish....what a pain. I'm currently running a Metzler 240 & haven't figured out what tire to get next. Metz 260, Dunlop 250, or Avon 250. Let's put it to a vote shall we.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Shweet!

IMHO the metz 240 looks the best and is the most functional while still maintaining the "fat" tire look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DUDE that is a nice looking bike. Like the swing arm I just wish I could get one. Military/married/4kids/ do I need to go on???

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
While I think the 240 looks awesome, if you do decide to change to a 250/260 I'd go with the Dunlop for several reasons.

1) The price is unbelieveably inexpensive compared to the other two.
2) It should wear as good as the others. My Dunlop Elites have been very good on mileage.
3) The Dunlop as a more rounded profile which translates to better handling through the turns.
4) The difference in width from the Metz is only 3/16".and the Metz is the widest of the three.

By the way, great looking bike.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Looks awesome man. Congradulations!!!! I wouldn't get in any hurry to get a wider tire, that 240 looks great!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
It looks great. I say go with the Dunlop 250 for two main reasons:

1. The price is far better than the Metzler.

2. Even though the Dunlop 250 is wider than the Metz 260, you don't really sacrifice much in handling.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Avon VenomR 250. Nice and wide and the tread is awesome - very good perfomance and it doesn't wear out quick....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I waited patiently & finallymy awesome wifegave the ok. I'm freakin' pumped about my fatty.

Bo also recommended the Dunlop 250. I ran the D220 on the stock wheel & was less than impressed. The front tire was awesome though, it's still on my bike. I do like the look of all 3 tires, but I will probally end up with the Dunlop first....cheap!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hurd,

Like the swingarm and new wheel, looks real good! Maybe go with the Avon tire. I just put new Avon's on the front and back. I got my bike back from shipps and no more push rod tube leaks. I'm ready to go!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
RABBIT HASH Rehash!

Dunlop 250 = more tire for less money, better handling because of the roundness of the tire, great mileage and more money left over for more mods!!!
This tire will handle better than the Metz 240 and is probably about the same as the Avon with similar mileage.

PS: With that Baron's Swingarm you have room for the 250 so why not use it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You can't go any wider, and still get that tire under your fender!! Why go bigger than the 240? You'll lose what handling you have left...

Plus, I think that the 240 looks awesome!

·
Registered
826 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
I'm a big fan of the Avon VenomR 250. Nice and wide and the tread is awesome - very good perfomance and it doesn't wear out quick....

+1

Venom 250 was under $200 shipped, it lasted me more then 12.5k miles before I dumped the Warrior, and still had some left... And I couldn't complaint about performance either!

·
Registered
66 Posts
mdfdwarrior,

A few weeks ago I put on an Avon Storm 200/50ZR17 for the Rear and the Avon Storm 120/70ZR18 on the Front and both tires ride very nice and smooth with excellent handling. I purchase them from Motorcycle Pro Shop, I think they have real good prices.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
vladens said:
mdfdwarrior said:

+1

Venom 250 was under $200 shipped, it lasted me more then 12.5k miles before I dumped the Warrior, and still had some left... And I couldn't complaint about performance either!
+2 on the Venom.

I made the switch from a 200 Avon Storm to the 250 Avon Venom on a 9" rim. From looking at the Venom you would think that it would adversely effect corning due to the flat profile and that's just not the case. It sticks like a mofo and I can still throw her around in the twisties. Awesome tire.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
judsterky said:
Hurd, Like the swingarm and new wheel, looks real good! Maybe go with the Avon tire. I just put new Avon's on the front and back. I got my bike back from shipps and no more push rod tube leaks. I'm ready to go!

What's up Dave? You need to see it in person dude you'll love it.

Thanks for all the advise on the Avons guys? I'll check it out. I'm getting so much info about all the tires it getting hard to decide.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
slngshott said:
Looks great man.Stick with the 240 Metz.

Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts