RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP.......... Every time I log in, It says You Have Logged In Successfully, then it goes to the main screen and it shows guest, I do the same thing with the same results time after time, any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
you need to go into "Tools" menu, click on "Internet Options" in Temporary Files you need to "delete cookies" and "delete files".......re-start computer.....this needs to be done periodically..............

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just did that, "delete cookies" and "delete files". The hour glass came up for a couple of minutes on the delete files and the hard drive light blinked a lot. What is the purpose of deleting the files? I'm not to good with computers. A pop-up window asked me if I wanted to delete temporary internet files, so I clicked yes since the were temporary anyway. What did I do? Also when I restarted my computer, it started up much faster.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i AM AT WORK NOW AND I SEE THAT I AM LOGGED ON HERE MAYBE THAT IS IT. TRIED TO DELETE THE COOKIES AND TEMP FILES AND HAD NO LUCK. WHEN I GET HOME I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET ON THEN. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP DARKSTAR.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
It "Delete's" temporary stored information, like member names, passwords, web sites.........etc. If you do repetitive visits to rswarrior, change picture's, etc.....or play Fantasy Football and do numerous changes in a day it not only stores new information, but old information too.....all this info gets cluttered and must be dumped.....I dump those once a day........

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
ahhh, well then if it's happening on one puter and not another, deleting all your cookies is spot on. Sometimes a little gremlin will creep in there and mess with your login, delete them and re-login like DS said, that should do the trick.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Make sure the date on the computer is correct.

If the date on the computer is wrong, then the cookie will have the wrong date...wrong date on cookie = won't keep you logged in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts