RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Just a quick hello and a little introduction of myself. I'm Mike and I am picking up my New-To-Me Warrior on Friday. Woot! When I started looking for another motorcycle (my current ride is an 82 Zook GS650) I was looking for a standard. Looked at a ZRX1100, SV1000s, ZR-7S, but none of them really felt "right." The wife wasn't all that keen on me getting a bike like that either. So one night, while my buddies and I were drinking, one of them chimes in, "I've always imagined you on a criuser...just seems to fit your style." I said never in a million years, I like to lean my bike over in the corner, without grinding away expensive chrome. Well, the wife was there as well, and she decided that she would rather have a cruiser as well...Hmmm, what a quandry. Make the wife happy, and continue my hobby, or buy what I think I want, continue my hobby, but with a less than enthusiastic wife. So I did what any red-blooded guy would do...started looking at cruisers.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] I found three that I liked, the Warrior, Kow Mean Streak, and H-D VROD. The Harley was out cuz I cannot afford the requisite Harley Clothing that goes with owning a bike from the Motor Company, and I didn't really like the look of the mean streak in person. Leaves me with the warrior...I found a used one at a dealer. Just happens to be at the dealership where my best friend works, so I get to test ride [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
WOW...talk about a visceral experience! I get cruisers now, the torque is outstanding. So, I'm now in love with this motorcycle that costs more than my first car and second car put together. But the wifey says, "Yes, I think you should buy that bike. It obviously makes you happy, and I will be much more comfortable on the back of a cruiser, instead of a sportbike." I love my wife, how a guy gets so lucky, I'll never know.

Anyway, I know ya'll don't care about the process, you care about the bike. Its a 02, with about 16,000 miles on it. Its Dark Cherry, with a Solo seat, not sure about brand. The bike also has goodies installed. I know it has a Muzzy 2-1 pipe, Power Commander and what looks to be an airbox elimination. My friend at the dealership says it also has has some speedstar stuff in it, stage 1 or 2, he did not remember (does this even make sense?) I guess the dealership has some info about it somewhere, he's going to dig, hope he comes up with something. Anyway, I'll post some pics when I get it home. For now, I'm just gonna troll the info here.

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congradulations on the new-to-you purchase. Sounds like your a lucky man to have such an encouraging wife. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I think you picked the right bike, as most of us on this sit would. As you know you, to keep her happy you will need a new seat. I have a Mustang Vintage Tour seat and would recommend it for the passenger and the rider. Looks good and great comfort. You will also need a Passenger Peg Relocate Kit unless your wife has really short legs. Add a Sissy Bar if youdon't have one such as the MC Enterprise.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Great story Mike and a big welcome to the family. You'll find that many of us moved to the Warrior for similar reasons to yourself, it's a great bike and handles well. Sounds like you got a good deal too with a few mods already done, see what the dealer can come up with the bikes history coz if it has a speedstar kit installed then you've got some extra ponies in there.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Welcome Welcome, Sounds like your bike will have alot of the extra goodies most of us are still trying to get after owning our bikes for a long time. Congrats! And if your wife wants to ride with you you'll def need a good pillion for her. The top 2 Ive heard of from this board is the Corbin Dual Tour and the Mustang Dual. The sissy bar is almost a requirment on this bike. You want to make her feel secure and not afraid of falling off the back when you take off hard. Some seats come with a backrest built in so if you dont like the look of a sissy bar thats an option too.

Also, if you get a chance to post a little vid of that muzzy pipe and what it sounds like that would be great. I have a Holeshot currently but am still interested in maybe changing to the muzzy.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts