RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the cash (well downpayment anyways)on a Warrior last night...

Onyx with Flames.... (called Purple with Purple flames... we're assuming that's what they mean...)

Picking it up in April.... Very excited...

Bought a 2002 Rebel for the wife as well... looks like a great little bike for her commute to work (9km side streets)

Question though: How good is the exhaust pipe guard do against the heat from the pipe... My leg pretty much rests on it when both feet are on the ground and that kinda worries me... How hot does it get? (ie I have a nasty habit of riding in shorts)

Thanks to all the folks who commented on my previous post... really helped me make my decision.... and I get to blame all of you if the bike sucks..... /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
600 Posts
Riding in shorts is not smart. I touched the exhaust pipe last March and there is still a dark spot on my leg. Burns are nasty. Best bet, wear proper clothes. Pipe does get hot, but guard works well also.

Congrat on bike. By buying a Warrior, you have entered a new dimension, kind of like the twilight zone. Only those who ride a Warrior can know what I mean. Have fun.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Onyx = Black (like the semi-precious stone).
Then you will quickly learn to either one, ride with long pants on, or 2, keep your bare leg from touching any part of the exhaust system.
You will absolutely love your ride. As for the wife... she will want one like yours in a matter of months, or maybe even weeks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
quote:Originally posted by berus316

Dropped the cash, Onyx with Flames.... (ie I have a nasty habit of riding in shorts). and I get to blame all of you if the bike sucks..... /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
BearUs316, is that anything like John3:16? yoo da man, killer bike, killer paint, killer shorts! blame away, you have already been sucked into our little cult. now for the indoctrination rituals...open wallet, shake out cc#s, modify, modify, modify, bigassgrin[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BearUs316, is that anything like John3:16?

Actually, closer to Austin 3:16 than John 3:16.... It's a nickname I got some years ago.... I do medievel recreation type stuff and my body armour looks like a wrestling championship belt and thus the addition of 3:16 to the name by a few bad intentioned wrestling fans

> now for the indoctrination rituals...open wallet, shake out cc#s, modify, modify, modify, bigassgrin[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Not sure if I am going to want to mess with perfection... probably just a seat change, and maybe add a sissybar and some custom luggage (for carting my armour around to practices)

Don't plan on jumping off the deep end over this... but I do plan on riding, riding, and more riding this summer...

·
Registered
219 Posts
My leg does the same as yours on the exhaust. The only thing I can tell you is wear pants, no matter how much you might not want to, wear pants to prevent bad burn. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I cant tell its even there with jeans on, but of course it is 40degrees, even here in the southern comfort of Northeast Texas, so anything feels good that is warmer!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hi Berus,congrats on the bike.You will love it!!I bought my wife a 96 rebel as well last year,there a good little bike easy to ride.What part of canada are you from?

·
Registered
329 Posts
hey berus if you remove the guard and wrap the pipe in that area with nomex tape and then reinstall the guard you should be ok, most any ducati shop will have the nomex tape

·
Registered
784 Posts
Berus, congrats on the bike!! Welcome to the brotherhood. Oh, if you need to cook something really quick, say a huge steak, warm up the bike and throw the meat on the big ass muffler. About 15-20 seconds per side should do it for medium well....[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Seriously though, if you wear long pants, you won't notice the warm exhaust shield. Enjoy!

Johnny

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
please put your pants on. as for the rebel, please remember what happened to them, they couldnt get out of there own way. (dont hate me
southerners)get her a droped down harley to practice with, then shell be ready for a warrior.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Wrapping the pipe will crystalize the metal and shorten its life dramaticaly. Although here you are not wrapping it directly, you are wrapping over the ehat shield.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
The heat shields are a lot better than not having any. On my old bike if you touched bare flesh to the pipe it stuck there instantly, I've got plenty of scars to prove it. With this bike you can touch briefly (very briefly) without burning. My leg touches the pipe a bit, but mostly I just put my left leg down at stops and leave the right leg up. Pants are very smart, although I ride to work in shorts a lot during the summer, cause I don't want to change to shorts when I get there. When I am just going out for a ride, I wear pants, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts