RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see a catalytic convert in there. It's just 3 chambers and a few tubes connecting them. With the end cut off, I can see right through the two chambers. This kinda surprises me, since the bike has an AIS which I thought needed a cat to burn up the pollutants.

Also, with the end cap off, it doesn't look like all the old pictures of the water heater mod, it's different.

·
Registered
805 Posts
OOohh Sweeeeeettt!!!

Can you post some pics of where you cut and what it looks like inside!!!????

I wanna mod the stock can too, but need some input on how... I wanna do it differently than what's been described so as to maintain a decent level of quiet, but add some deep rumble.

If you could post pics... I'd be much obliged!!

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no warrior has ever had a cat.
News to me and very surprising. I thought all bikes after maybe 03 or 04 had catalytic converters.

I always thought a bike with AIS had to have a cat to be effective. The whole point of the extra air was assist the cat with burning off pollutants.

The next thought that pops into my mind - with no cat, the stock bike has to be running SUPER lean to meet emissions. I bet an ECO bump has a big effect even on a stock bike and probably cools down a hot running bike too.

I'll post some pics of the exhaust insides tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
no cats..just air to burn off fuel in the exhaust...one of the reasons OZ banned warriors in 2006

·
Registered
746 Posts
No Cat in the Warrior exhaust (which may have lead to it's demise here in the states, couldn't meet emmisions regs?). Does the Roadliner / Raider or the rest of the Star line have cats in the exhaust?

They started using AIS on cars long before Cat's were introduced.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here we have the back after I cut it off, and a couple pics on the inside. One you can see right through. I was considering rebuilding the insides to a straight through design but the inside baffle dividers appear hard to get out. I'll probably give it another shot someday but I've got a Yoshimura can to try getting on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,724 Posts
OOohh Sweeeeeettt!!!

Can you post some pics of where you cut and what it looks like inside!!!????

I wanna mod the stock can too, but need some input on how... I wanna do it differently than what's been described so as to maintain a decent level of quiet, but add some deep rumble.

If you could post pics... I'd be much obliged!!

Mike
If you follow the stock exhaust mod as described in the threads found on the forum, phase 1 will give you a bit more rumble and phase 2 will give even more. I did both phases and after having followed 60ftgap with his aftermarket pipes I can tell you that even with phase 2 it can still be considered quiet. I find that I now have a nice deep rumble sound compard to the stock without modification yet not too loud so as to P*** off the neighbours or attract unecessary attention from the cops. It is so to say a happy medium. You can do phase i try it and if you want more go to phase 2.:cool:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Be sure to show us the Yosh can project. Kinda been thinking along the same lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts