RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the rebate fiasco and the recall, I've decided to file a complaint with the BBB.

----------------------------
Complaint: Deceptive rebate advertisement & failure to prioritize recall work

Complaint Description: I received an email rebate coupon for $100 if you purchase over $500 of genuine Yamaha accessories. Apparently, there is a special tracking number for each coupon. Since I wasn't the original recipient, they are denying my claim. I don't know why I was not offered the rebate to begin with. Many others in the online community have been taken in with this.

Secondly, a recall has been in effect for several months that is so severe that I am not supposed to ride the motorcycle at all. This means I paid good money on a product that is sitting there collecting dust. The recall work needs to be done now if it is so important, and the bike should be fully covered under warranty in it's entirety, not just for 90 days.

Desired Settlement: I want my $100 rebate and the bike needs to be fixed immediately, or give me a loaner, or reimburse me for the time the bike is unusable until the bike is fixed, guarantee all work for the remainder of the bike's warranty or 90 days, whichever is greater. Most likely the latter, since the bike witll probably be out of warranty by the time the work is actually done.
------------------------------

I imagine that a lot of people have done this already, but if you have not, I highly recommend doing so. They already know they screwed up but seem highly resistant to actually doing anything about it, this is one more button to press.

http://www.bbbsouthland.org/Online.cfm?h=13&d=bbb&p=cbusiness

·
Registered
56 Posts
I kind of forgot about that offer. Before I contact my local BBB...and since I printed the Offer Form from this site, I have to ask first... is this site sponsored or supported or endorsed in any way by Yamaha?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I don't think the BBB will be doing anything about it because 1) you were not the original recipient of the online coupon so it is not deceptive. I could see if they sent it to you but they didn't. 2) the recall is voluntary, noone is making them do the recall they are covering their a$$e$ incase something does happen. I think the BBB would commend them for trying to fix the problem before there really is a problem. I for one respect Yamaha for thinking about me with the VOLUNTARY recall. Check the rest of the threads before you bash me and you'll see that someone thought they were going to give Yamaha a piece of their mind in Daytona at Bike Week and Yamaha informed him that it was voluntary that noone was making them do the recall.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi snakeyezzz. Yamaha may have TECHNICALLY volunteered to do the recall. But they did so only DAYS after the NHTSA demanded copious amounts of data about the transmissions on all the roadstars, including the Warrior.

Check it out for yourself on the NHTSA web site. All the documents are there for anyone's reading. Yamaha knew they were about to get their clock completely CLEANED BY the federal government. The NHTSA closed their preliminary investigation in November, 2003, but they opened it prior to Yamaha's so-called Voluntary Recall (my foot).

No slam on you snakeyezzz. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
27 Posts
And you folks wonder why there is rumor of halting the production of the warrior floating around in these forums. Quit complaining about your bike, get the recall work done, and ride on. This is still the coolest motorcycle in production as far as I am concerned. If you hate your bike so much, sell it and buy something else. There is a thread for your whining...post there. I used to read this website daily until all of this negative crap started appearing on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Starting with "NO" this site is not affiliated with Yamaha or sponsered in anyway by Yamaha Corporation. We just ride the Yamaha Road Star Warrior. I am locking this useless topic. Why??? Cause I do not like the route it is taking and it will only get worse from here. Enough Said!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Thanks Darkstar.

This site isnt affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corp, nor have I ever been contacted by anyone from Yamaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts