RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may have been a slight inconveinence, but w/ the recall I was able to take advantage of discounts free labor and free parts thats right I said free parts. Last years recall on the road stars left some recall kits W/ a new RS 5th gear they got the whole set of gears not just 4th,alot of dealers installed the new shaft and 4th gear only. My dealer said due to the inconveinence I got 5th gear installed for free no part cost no labor. I also got pistons,cams,springs,clutch spring and a PR air kit plus they installed my PC3 W/ a map from this site(slightly tweeked) for only $1587 and I must say I got it back today and I'm I TICKLED 50 SHADES OF PINK! Can't wait to see my first v ictom or should I say v-rod or was that vtx. All I can say is they're in trouble!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
warryder, I've been trying to find out about that 5th gear, but finally gave up.

Can you give some details? I thought they were different part numbers, different shaft diameters, etc. In short, I didn't think they would fit. I sure don't want to create a repeat of the reason this recall exists in the first place, i.e., that a gear wobbles on the shaft (ever so microscopically) and ultimately causes the circlip to fail and the trans to lock up.

Can you elaborate?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My tech had shown me the blue prints for both shafts and gears even though #'s are diff the inner dia. of the 5th gear and the RSW shaft dia. are the same today I road @ 75 -80 mph and I was @ 2900-3000rpm as for my other mods all I can say is WOO-HOO!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
Hmmmmm, my stocker runs 3k @ 80 too!

I might go into the recall biz, need some tools though. Let's see.... a punch, and a hammer... anything else? Oh! credit card scanner /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
I have a set of letter punches and a hammer, if you can come up with a scanner I'll go into biznezz with you!

I never notice what I am running at 80mph, can someone else confirm the rpm range. What pully are you running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
HA HA Oly, that must mean that mine will do 135mph in first gear, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Spear, the gears are compatable. The ratio is all that's different.


Too cool. Now, this may have been stated on another thread, but how much of a difference is there in actual cruising rpm between original Warrior 5th gear and replacement Roadstar 5th gear? Also, anyone have a price on the R* 5th gear.

Gads, this Recall Rebuild is gonna cost me a fortune in upgrades!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Well, you've gotta have a laugh every now and again. That new R1 does 100mph in first gear from what I have heard, that is really mad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
How is that Arthur? I don't understand how that would work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
Oh, and how available and how much are these gears?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
From what I've read the larger front pulley is getting me a 3 to 4% correction and the tire is maybe 1 or 2% for a total of 4 to 6%. The ECU says we are in 5th gear at 5000rpm's so we must be going 133 mph (example). But on the dyno, because I would NEVER do that on the street, I know the rev limiter stopped me at 126mph even thought the speedo says different. I didn't look but probably 140mph. Now with a larger tire and pulley for every rotation I gain a few inches.
Now instead of the speedo being fast by 5 or 6%. It should be right on.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top