RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all has anyone from northeast ohio taken thier bikes to northridge yamaha for any service or recall work.I called them and gave them my vin number and he said it had the tranny work done but it needs some kind of tps,pulsa coil,and something that has to do with the tank done. Does anyone know what these are and are there any mods that can be done for free labor from this. thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
No mods for free labor on what you have to have done. I'm from Canada but get my work done at Sanders Yamaha in Sharon PA. I have friends that live in Girard who sent me there and had my tranny recall done. Owner, Gene, used to have a Warrior. Speak to young Dave in service.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If you have the CPS recall done you can have them install the Barnett clutch. The clutch wont be free, but the labor will.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The recalls are for the Throttle position sensor (TPS), the Crank position Sensor or Pickup Coil as they refer to it (it also includes a new tab for the rear drive pulley) and for some rubber gromets to fit the rear of the fuel tank to keep if from cracking/leaking. As mentioned above, you can have the Barnett clutch conversion done with the CPS (pickup coil) since they will have the side covers off. If you have a power commander, make certain the throttle position is reset (see dynojet site for procedures) when they are done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what does the 31 tooth pulley do and also the barnett clutch? Anyone know how much these cost for the parts. thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Northridge does excellent work
BUT they did over tighten my belt [V]

quote:Originally posted by whynot

Hello all has anyone from northeast ohio taken thier bikes to northridge yamaha for any service or recall work.I called them and gave them my vin number and he said it had the tranny work done but it needs some kind of tps,pulsa coil,and something that has to do with the tank done. Does anyone know what these are and are there any mods that can be done for free labor from this. thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
31 tooth pulley gives you a faster launch at the expense of higher RPM at cruise, the Barnett clutch will give you a better lock up on the clutch than the stock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, going to look into purchasing these and see if they will put them in for me. also going to have them order all the recall parts before I drop the bike off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts