RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 warrior and have been having a lot of problems with it. I know it is because it has been tottled and rebuilt. I love the bike but can't keep dumping money into it so its time to trade it in. So I have a question for you guys, M109R, Raider or V Rod ? I have looked at them all and can't decide. There are a ton of new 08 M109Rs in my area that i could pick up for a good price as well as V Rods. My wife and I use the bike to get away ( long rides ), but I also do a lot of light to light racing when she isn't around. So I want somthing I don't have to do a lot to to make it quick. I have heard the M109 really holds its own but have never got to run one. Will it take a V Rod? What do you guys think. I'm not trying to cause a big aruguement your guys oppinion has alway been important to me . Thanks

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would think that if you didnt want to dump money into the Warrior than the v-rod is probably out of the list. harley anything = WAY TO EXPENSIVE.

If you are going cruising on a nice long trip, M109 is probably an easier ride that the Raider. I would also think the 109 could take a Raider light to light. Side by side, the Raider and 109 would perform simialarily in twisties, not great. If i new that Suzuki had done something about the frame and swingarm problems had by the 109 boys, I would go that route. BUT, because of their issues and the HIGHER COOLNESS FACTOR of the Raider, right now, as is, I would take a Raider.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
The Zuki's have had issues (tranny, welds, cheap plastic parts). The Rod isnt a cruiser for long rides but is a great light to light but have only known a few that ride them and they go glides if they are going any real distance. I think with a good Corbin the Raider would be a good choice at least in the options you gave to choose from. JMHO

What about a rocket 3 ? Have road along side a member of the forum that has one many times, two up is great on it and its a fast great performer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
the vrod is fast, but that is all about it. not really for long rides, position wise, size, etc.

the m109r could be an option, but i dont like the fact of being a suzuki... i dont think they put quality before price on their bikes.

the raider isa cool bike.... but even with that, i prefered the warrior. but design wise, the raider looks very good

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
deadjester said:
I can get a 08 V rod for 13,000. But have never road one so don't know mutch about the.

You can get a new 08 Warrior for $9000 if I remember right, someone had them overstocked. You can get a modded 08 for $13000 easy right about now.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Guido said:
V-Rod! It's no HD...it's a Porsche!!

BTW, yes. I agree.

Problem is, Harley threw their badge on it, making ALL gear, shop work, maintenance, oil, pieces and parts WAY over priced.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Rocket 3, VTX 1800, Rune, Vulcan, HD Heritage. Then you have the touring sport bikes that will spank any of the first mention plus two up comfort. Have been looking at Wings lately. Comforst and preformance. Just a few to add too the ones you stated at first.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think I'd have to go with another warrior. But the V rod would be my second choice. But then again I don't go for many long rides, and I never ride with a passenger. But in my opinion a warrior isn't really meant for those things either.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
How about a Can-Am Spyder? 900cc sportbike engine. Dual seats, gotte be comfy and an easy drive for long trips. Seen em doing burn outs too!.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't it a naked Busa. You are probably right on the 2 up. I have never seen the FJR. Its kind of reminds me of a Busa.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I think the FJR is the only way to do a touring bike. Fast, agile, Looks good. I like it. If my wife doesnt get a Spyder in a year or 2, I might get an FJR for touring.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You want fast get the VRod.You can buya bolt-on supercharger that takes an hour to install.None of the other bikes mentioned in this thread look good to me but that's in the eye of the beholder.The Warrior is the perfect example of poor quality, just look @ the recalls for it.If you check out the quality surveys/JDPower, Yammi isnear the bottom of the list.Suzuki & Honda were rated best for quality in 06.My 03 Busa has only had oil & filter & tire changes & has about the same mileage as my Warrior.Check out the Victory bikes.They have good ratings & good looks.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts