RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want R1 type sport handlebars bars on my warrior. I’ve had this idea since I learned that the warrior and r1 share the same forks. I can’t find any information on this though. Has anyone tried it? Do they clear the tank? Do I use risers? Is it even possible? Please help. If I can’t get sport bars I’d like the next closest thing. I don’t like having to spread my arms out like I’m giving the air a hug.
Product Tool Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi, not sure which kind of clip-ins have been used ...... but interesting to watch ...

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,620 Posts
The Warrior front end is R1 derived, but there are slight differences. Try a search for clip-ons.

Also:

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Unless you are really darn flexible and don't mind staying in that position, I would really recommend not doing it. Granted, if it is a bar hopper bike that seldom gets ridden for over 10 miles at a time, then you should be fine. Instead of finding ones that use the top triple, just find some that mount to the forks and it will be much easier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Unless you are really darn flexible and don't mind staying in that position, I would really recommend not doing it. Granted, if it is a bar hopper bike that seldom gets ridden for over 10 miles at a time, then you should be fine.
I ride it to work occasionally and that’s a 45 minute ride. Besides that it’s a weekend princess. I use the back pegs to flatten out when I’m zoomin and sport bars would be amazing for that.
Wheel Plant Fuel tank Tire Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
What might be easier are a cheap set of risers and a "broom stick" set of handle bars. That way bolting on is way easier and also easier to find the proper height, pull back and width.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts