RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've seen these sudo braided line covers on ebay for $25. has anyone tried them and what is the outcome of it?

What about the real SS braided lines? How much does a kit that will cover the Warrior cost and how hard isit to install?

Where can I find these kits?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
Colonal Klink said:
Ok, I've seen these sudo braided line covers on ebay for $25. has anyone tried them and what is the outcome of it?

What about the real SS braided lines? How much does a kit that will cover the Warrior cost and how hard isit to install?

Where can I find these kits?

Thanks.
If you want the real McCoy as i have here on my frt T/S, it's available from McMaster-Carr in SS alloyor tinned copperin various sizes. I also used the adhesive heat shrink tubing to prevent fraying of the sleeving!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/800/=b268dCLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys but I still havent heard about the installation process. how difficult for the control cables, brake lines, and such.

Are theplastic ss covers any good at all?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Pretty simple really, the hardest part is bleeding the brakes and this is a pretty easy bike to do it on. Clutch cable is a cakewalk, but get a good one. I've broken two aftermarket clutch cables. The best one I've found is the braided Yamaha cable for a Roady.

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
Do you want to keep your existing brake lines and throttle/clutch cables and just cover them, or are you ready for replacements and want to buy new brake lines and throttle/clutch cables that are coated stainless? I would think covering the brake hoses and cables with stainless sheath would be less effective.

The sheath works great for covering electric wires and etc. Maybe I'm wrong. Rather than cover brake lines and control cables, I think you are better off getting new. Swapping out the throttle and clutch cables iseasy enough. The brake line(s) are a little more involved. The service manual walks you through both processes.

The plastic seems like it won't last but the stainless braid is resistent to abrasion so should last okay. Some guys say the stainless braid with the clearcoat just captures and traps oil from behind, maybe that is true butevery coated stainless line I've seen looks clean.

Colonal Klink said:
Thanks guys but I still havent heard about the installation process. how difficult for the control cables, brake lines, and such.

Are theplastic ss covers any good at all?

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
Meatball said:
Pretty simple really, the hardest part is bleeding the brakes and this is a pretty easy bike to do it on. Clutch cable is a cakewalk, but get a good one. I've broken two aftermarket clutch cables. The best one I've found is the braided Yamaha cable for a Roady.
Meatball ... that's because the Road* has a straight end at the clutch perch connection .... can you confirm

Not to high jack the post but Bladerunr uses a Road* clutch cable as well ... the only down side is they are longer than the stock Warrior but if additional length is req'd its fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts