RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the auto cancelling turn signals. I coast up to a red light, turn on a turn signal, and as I'm sitting at the red light the signal turns off. I know it's not sopposed to auto cancel when your sitting still, but it only stays on if you turn on the signal after your stopped. So I find myself hitting the signal switch twice. Once, as I'm approaching the red light, and again when I'm stopped. I always manually cancel the signals anyway, so this feature is useless to me and has become increasingly annoying. Is there a way to eliminate this feature? I did a search for auto cancelling turn signals and came up with over 22 thousand results. I have things to do and can not read through all of that. I just need to know if there is a way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
... just install an CA taillight and you'll be fiiiine...LOL. Well, you will be challanged with other issues.

No, jokes apart. The Denso flasher has one wire which "listens" to that auto canceling signal: It's the white cable. Rip it off, tape it and that feature goes Nirvana.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I just eliminated my auto cancel T/S's by replacing the stock Densoflasher with a Radiantz Universal Flasherz (6104-00) 3 wire module. Now I have no self cancels, and total control of flash rate with LED or Halogen Turn Signals.

If you want to snip wires, you can locate the flasher relay under your fuse box, and cut the white (ECU/Self Cancel Positive) wire, and the Yellow/Red (Self Cancel Ground) wire. I don't like cutting wires on a bike that I may one day try to sell, so... think about it.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
EDIT dated Feb 01, 2010 - Creditto Woobyfor being the pioneer to my mistake and bringing it to the forum table.Locate the Denso flasher device under seat on the relay rack and disconnect the White wire only (Auto Cancel-speed sensor) from the harness relay plug. Tape the wire to prevent a short! That's it ... .

AlanH said:
Wed, Dec 31 2008 6:58 PM
These instructions are not correct and are superceded by theabove EDIT Dated Feb 01, 2010

Scoper50 ... the simple solution here and also reversibleis to extract one of the Yellow/Red wires from the6-pin Hitachi plug that is located within the Headlight Housing. The only challenge here isextracting the crimped connector from the Hitachi shell

When facing the Headlight housing it will be on the RH side (stock wiring)and is OPAQUE in color and has only 5-wires, although it is a rectangular 6-pin connector.

[*]
Be sure you disconnect the CLICK HERE>>Yellow/Red wire and NOT the Red/Yellow. The Red/Yellow wire is on the handlebar endof the harness and connects to a Green/Blue wirewhich is on the main harness end. This is the Headlight incoming power so that should be clear.
[*]
The Yellow/Red wire will connect to Yellow/Red

[*]
Doesn't matter which side of the connector you disconnect this wire. What ever is easiest for you. Wrap it with tape. As stated, this is a GRND for the Auto/Cancel circuit of the Denso relay and you needn't be concerned about it shorting out.[/list][/list]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good info, I got an European Warrior where the Auto Cancel function is disabled and I want to enable this. Now I know where to start looking. Thanks,

/Lars

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
make sure to take a quick look at the the sig relay under the seat too.. its an easy place for someone to snip the wire or remove the pin to remove the "cancel" function. Ive had the wire get some wetness up in the connector and cause a connection issue.. oddly enough everything worked but the cancel function. just do yourself a favor. dont take the relays off the "tree".. youll have a heck of a time getting them back on the tree right.
Good luck,

Chris

·
Registered
789 Posts
I ride with guys that have bikes that donot have self cancelling turn signals and I've seen some close calls(accidents)because they forget to clear the turn signals and the cages assume they are going to turn and turn in front of them. My advise to these guys is "the best mod on your bike it to purchase self cancelling turn signals" Just my two(2) cents!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
1Warlock said:
I ride with guys that have bikes that donot have self cancelling turn signals and I've seen some close calls(accidents)because they forget to clear the turn signals and the cages assume they are going to turn and turn in front of them.

They're certainly not a bad feature, but I would hesitate to consider self-cancelling signals any sort of magic bullet with respect to motorcycle/cage interactions. I've had just as many near-misses with other vehicles which were likely due to forgotten non-cancelling blinkers as I have had from forgetting to engage the signal or having the auto-cancel kill the signal when it shouldn't have.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I'm glad I have mine. I just automatically hit the signals several times anyway. No biggie. The other day, I had my turn signal on late and someone started to turn in front of me before they realised. My mistake and I'm very lucky. I usually turn mine on and off when needed but that auto-cancel is a great back-up. Sounds like Alan has the answer as usual:}:}

·
Registered
36 Posts
This does not work on my 2005 Warrior...it just eliminates them all together and i pulled the yellow wire with the red stripe any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I have mixed emotions on the canceling feature. I changed the flasher relay when I installed the integrated tail light and lost the feature. Caught it several times where I forgot to cancel the signal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts