RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living and riding in South Florida I deal with insane riding conditions, automobile drivers are the worst! I'd like to make my bike as loud as possible so as to be noticed from far away, I have the 2 into 1 factory pipes which are super quiet. Can I alter them in anyway without damaging them or hurting the bike and get any sound volume increase/ or do I have to go out and spend $500.00 on aftermarket pipes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Just take the cannon off the bike and run open headers. Just remember to adjust your ECU, or get a PCIII. Otherwise you'll be running WAY too lean.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
it doesn't get louder than the samsons! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] and they are cheap compared to other pipes![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't know about your current pipes but can say that the Samsons are awesome at making 'big' noise. I have the Samson Street Sweepers and they are LOUD but not obnoxious to the rider... and I still have the baffles in mine.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
For growl and grunt, its got to be Samson's, king of the jungle. All the other pipes sound like little *****'s[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]..... ......Frec.....U.K..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I saw a post a while back which included great pics for modifying the stock can, but couldn't find the one I was looking for. I did come across this post though which may serve your purpose until you decide to take the plunge on a new pipe:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28862&SearchTerms=modify,stock,exhaust

By the way, keep an eye on Ebay, I picked up a new pipe a couple of months ago for $100 US.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Don't forget the kisan head lamp modulator,if you want to get noticed from far away. There are similar products for the tail lamp. Put the reflectors back on your bike.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Sparc

Samsons, hands down. Skip any baffles, go straight pipes like the Street Sweepers or Shorty

I second

1 - 20 of 52 Posts