RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 4 minutes to kill while waiting for food to be ready, so after having the bike for 15 months I got around to removing the reflectors. If you haven't done it yet, do it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Trailered my bike home from Brenham Motorsports because I couldn't get my wife to drive me up and drop me off. Got home and ripped the bicycle reflectors off immediately. Why do they even put them on the bike? Gee whiz, if someone can't see the bike, how will they see the cheesey refloctors? Hmmmmm!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I've still got mine and also wear a haloband on my full face helmet. Too much riding at night with the cagers and I need more than a set of loud pipes to keep them in their lane. BTW, a haloband will keep them away from you as most of them have never seen anything like it before. I put a link since a lot of people don't know what a halo band is. Well worth the $15 if you ride at night.

http://www.reflectivedecals.com/haloebay.htm

·
Registered
661 Posts
I removed my reflectors and clamped them onto the middle fingers of my riding gloves. Working nicely by the way!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allsmiles said:
I've still got mine and also wear a haloband on my full face helmet. Too much riding at night with the cagers and I need more than a set of loud pipes to keep them in their lane. BTW, a haloband will keep them away from you as most of them have never seen anything like it before. I put a link since a lot of people don't know what a halo band is. Well worth the $15 if you ride at night.

http://www.reflectivedecals.com/haloebay.htm
They have some cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm in trouble.

NRS 486.291 Reflectors.
1. Every motorcycle or moped shall carry on the rear at least one reflector, which shall be mounted at a height not less than 20 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground as measured from the center of the reflector to the level ground upon which such motorcycle or moped stands without a load.
2. Each such reflector shall be of a size and character and so mounted as to be visible at night from all distances within 300 feet when directly in front of lawful lower beams of head lamps.
(Added to NRS by 1971, 1470; A 1975, 31, 1084)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts