RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...until I actually "own" a Warrior, as in having one in my stable.
But seeing as how I should be picking it up this Tuesday (assuming there are no delays in the paperwork), I guess I can start posting. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Just a quick introduction.
I'm not all that new to motorcycles, but this will be my first cruiser.
I'll be trading in my 2001 Suzuki TL1000R for a 2007 Warrior in the delightfully neutral "dark silver". I'm a long time member of Cycleforums and was pointed this direction by some of the Warrior riders over there. Actually, to be precise, I posted up saying I was looking at Road*s and the response from the Warrior riders was so overwhelming, I just had to give them a look... and then I was hooked. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
I've been lurking around, reading the forums here for the last few days and you seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch... I look forward to spending more time here. (but not as much as I hope to spend riding the new scoot!)
The only downside is, I can already tell you guys are all too willing to show me new ways to spend my money... mods mods mods mods mods...
[xx(]

Is it Tuesday yet?!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
My first cruiser also,after many years with the sportbikes and I love my Warrior,and still have 02 GSXR that I ride once in a wild,my son rides it way more then I do he is
27 years old.
You going to enjoy it as much as I do....Ride safe.....

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Welcome to the site....Just out of curiosity, does that paint have racing stripes or is it plain? It was tough to tell from the star website.

Again, welcome....Youre going to love this bike!

Dave

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I seem to an answer for any question here, and yes I have been spending more money since arriving here.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] You already know what I mean.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yep,$$$$$$$$$ thats all it takes to keep the mod sickness under control. As I told my wife, Screw the money! If I spent it on the house you would never say a word. Won the battle. Always loose the war.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave

Welcome to the site....Just out of curiosity, does that paint have racing stripes or is it plain? It was tough to tell from the star website.

It's dark silver with grey SS stripes, yes. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
(here's a pic of the modified one at the International Motorcycle Show)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Adeptus_Minor,

Welcome to the forums and to the wonderful world of the Warrior!

You'll find yourself slowly spending more and more money as the fever to mod your Warrior becomes ever so increasingly intense. DON'T FIGHT IT! It'll just get worse...Use whatever excuse you can to mod your Warrior. It's the only way to prevent the withdrawn and bad feeling of riding a unmodded Warrior.

Warriors were meant to be modded...You will just have to learn to live with it...Spare NO expense! Mod...Mod...Mod...Mod...Mod...And just when you think you can't mod it anymore...Mod it some more!

I know...I know...You're thinking it can't be that bad...I can handle it...I'm strong enough to fight the mod bug...Trust me...You aren't! Give in now, while there's still time...Let the mod bug run it's course. There's no cure, no medication, and no doctor that can help you.

But, in the long run when you step back and look that your Warrior with all those mods, looking ever so sweet and beautiful. You'll know that you have made it through the worse part of this illness and the after effects are wonderful and a complete feeling of joy and satisfaction.

Oh...Well...I've done my best to warn you...It's ALL up to you now...

Again welcome to the forums and best of luck with your new ride.

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mate welcome!!
I've also gone from a red TLR to a (used to be silver) Warrior!
Best move I ever made...
Oh, and believe me, once you get the MODBUG, you won't be able to stop!! (Experience talking!)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did indeed pick it up today... and holy shnikeys... I'm in love.
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
My dark silver beauty sits, cooling a bit in the freshly swept spot in my garage, recently vacated by my TL1000R.
Now I must begin racking up my break-in miles and saving up for the first(of many) mods. They do just beg for it, don't they? [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did the same thing you did. The Warrior is the first cruiser I have ever owned/ridden in 13 yars of riding motorcycles. I traded a Honda Blackbird in on my new '06 Midnight Warrior a couple weeks ago. I managed about 400 miles before it got too cold here. It's gonna be a loong winter!! Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh hells yes..
I rode earlier and I'll be riding again when I get home in the morning.
Those 600 miles will be done soon if I have anything to say about it. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Oh... and I need to get that sticker off too. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts