RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent last month moving to a new house and the months before that packing boxes. Didn't have much time anyway to ride so I just left making arrangements to get recall work done till now. I lived about 60 miles from where I bought the bike in the first place and now I live another 30 miles away. I called North County Yamaha in Escondido Ca who is about 55 miles away because I heard a good mechanic works there. I was told by some guy that they needed to take care of all the work on the bikes they had sold first and it wouldn't be till August and I understand that. However, when I asked him to book me in for then, he refused. He also said I would not have that particular mechanic work on my bike anyway. He doesn't have time to do recall work. I asked for the owner of the dealership and explained that I am now almost 100 miles from where I purchased the bike and have purchased many other items from his dealership and could he book me in for August. He said he would call me back. That was Tuesday. I haven't heard. I didn't realize I had to go back to the original shop where I bought the bike. What if had moved 3000 miles away????? I still do not know where to go to have the work done and I do not trust my dealership to do the work. HELP?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
it is bs about taking back to where you bought it, and after that much trouble with this shop they sure whould not get my busisness. Lots of warriors in cali i am sure they will jump in with where they went.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Which dealership is this?

There is plenty of dealerships in Riverside & San Bernardino counties. Some more also in San Diego & Orange counties. Just not sure where would be closer to you.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
You're right! Every dealership should treat you like their own. I think Yamaha knows that all dealers do not have the same talent in various dealership and this is there way to spread it evenly.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
You can take the bike to wich ever dealer you choose. Bismarck is taking his bike to Rancho Cucamonga Yamaha and Rockmeister's going to Malcom Smith in Riverside and they both live in San Diego.

I had mine done at Malcom Smith but bought it at Corona Yamaha but their service sucks, that means no business from me.[^]

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
right on the recall notice it says that if you can not take your bike to the dealer you bought it from that any yamaha dealer will perform the service.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
You can take it to any Yamaha Dealer you want to and they have to do the recall. But they don't have to bump you to the front of the line. Most Dealers will put you at the end of the list if you bought it somewhere else. I would expect the same courtesy from my local Dealer by not jumping somebody in front of me. But what was there excuse for not booking the service?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

You can take it to any Yamaha Dealer you want to and they have to do the recall. But they don't have to bump you to the front of the line. Most Dealers will put you at the end of the list if you bought it somewhere else. I would expect the same courtesy from my local Dealer by not jumping somebody in front of me. But what was there excuse for not booking the service?

I can vouch for that. I'm not taking my bike to the dealer of origin, and was bumped to the end of the list. But, they were courteous enough to take my (future upgrade) business and have a good rep.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like you all agree that although it is fair to have their own customers come first, it is not right to completely refuse to fix my bike. I do NOT want to use them now anyway, and they will not be getting any more business from me for any thing from now on. thanks everyone. I might use the recommendations for Cucamonga or Riverside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting similar B.S. from my new local dealership. I purchased my bike in maryland then transferred to maine where a new dealership just opened last october. I am currently out of the country and the service manager is telling my wife he'll see what he can do. So I know there is a link to complain about these matters can someone post that please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting similar B.S. from my new local dealership. I purchased my bike in maryland then transferred to maine where a new dealership just opened last october. I am currently out of the country and the service manager is telling my wife he'll see what he can do. So I know there is a link to complain about these matters can someone post that please.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
quote:Originally posted by hfc7713

Sounds like you all agree that although it is fair to have their own customers come first, it is not right to completely refuse to fix my bike. I do NOT want to use them now anyway, and they will not be getting any more business from me for any thing from now on. thanks everyone. I might use the recommendations for Cucamonga or Riverside.

I had the recall done at Malcom Smith in Riverside, they done a great job on my bike. Right now they are booked until the end of June, but you may want to call Jodie at 909 687-1300 put your name down. Let them know if there's a cancelation to call you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am not sure which direction you moved but I had Fun Bike in San Diego do my recall and it went very smoothly. They even installed the high compression pistons for me. They also let me visit the bike during surgery and take pictures.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Call Yamaha customer service and compalain about this a*&hole dealer. I'll bet you'll be treated better after you complain.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had great luck with Cycle Springs in Tarpon Springs, FL. I thought what they did was fair. They took names and numbers of WHOEVER called first about the recall. Since I was #2 to call my bike is already fixed and I bought mine used out of state. But every Yamaha dealer HAS to offer to perform this service or they risk losing their Yamaha dealership. I would call Yamaha to complain if they refused to work on your bike. Unfortunatly we all know how much good that does.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would not want any one working on my bike that didnot want to.
A dealer should fix your bike he is not suppose to refuse but he does get to decide when.
He said he would call if he has not called then he is not ready for your bike
he may not be ready untill hfo after all it is his business if he chooses to
run it differently than you or I think he should thats his perogtive.
Just take your bike elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Dude, after all the crap some of us have and are going through, I've decided that it wouldn't be worth getting the recall done. I'd just ride it anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I decide not to have the work done .....apart from some of you folks thinking I am crazy from a safety aspect.........how would that affect me ever being able to sell my bike ( in the far far future of course)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Riding with having the recall done increases your chances of having a transmission faliure (means a very nasty accident would probably follow the breaking of the trans). So, if you decide to ride it anyways, you might not have to worry about resale since you'll likely total it and/or hurt/maim/kill yourself. Be safe and get the stupid recall done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts