RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell what it is by the before and after pictures below? (no, not the seat but that should be a definite clue)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StangWarrior said:
Looks like the tranny and bottom end of the motor are a different color.
I agree that it does but that's just the crappy lighting in my garage and my cheap camera.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Did you install some additional lighting, like those spark plug wire lights?

In the after pic I see a little yellow/amber color on top of the front cylinder.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NJWarrior said:
Did you install some additional lighting, like those spark plug wire lights?

In the after pic I see a little yellow/amber color on top of the front cylinder.
No additional lighting. I noticed that yellow spot a few minutes ago too. I wonder what it is.
When someone notices the mod and points it out to everyone or I tell everyone, it will suddenly be really obvious. When I first read about this mod I thought "Huh? Never heard of anything like that before... Why?" But when I looked at a few before/after pictures and read another reason for the mod I decided to do it. It may work on a Warrior, too... I don't remember the details of exactly how things are set up on the Warrior so I can't be sure without looking at one up close and personal. Hmmm...

edit: Oh yeah... I remember now. Yeah, I think this mod would work on a Warrior. Would need to use different parts to implement the mod but I can picture in my head what the parts would need to look like to make this work.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StangWarrior said:
OK I got it, the front of the tank is raised.
Yeah, you got it. 2" lift on the front of the tank. Exposes more of the engine, makes it easier to clean, and gives the bike a little more of a raked look. I should take some pictures from further away to emphasize the rake a little. Some people say this mod also helps with cooling the engine. I remember on the Warrior there are two "knobs" one on each side of the frame and the tank kind of slides around them. If someone made a kind of offset for the knobs on the sides of the frame I could see that letting the tank sit up a little higher. Gotta be careful of handlebar clearance with this, of course.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Is that on oil leak?? The only way you can apply that to the Warrior is let WarriorDog work on it..

HAHAHAA

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Looks good Shag, but I would not have guessed it. I was looking more in the area of the seat... The amber glow is (I think) a reflector from something else being lit up by the flash of your camers and showing on the chrome.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JamesD said:
Is that on oil leak?? The only way you can apply that to the Warrior is let WarriorDog work on it..

HAHAHAA

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jabo said:
Looks good Shag, but I would not have guessed it. I was looking more in the area of the seat... The amber glow is (I think) a reflector from something else being lit up by the flash of your camers and showing on the chrome.
Thanks. I had to remove the seat to loosen the bolt at the back base of the tank so I could swivel it upwards. Yeah, maybe raising the tank up exposed more of the rocker cover so that I could get a reflection off of something I couldn't before?

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Offset what? You wanna do what with my knob? Shag, you've been hanging around WarriorDog and BTMFDR again haven't you?

Does look like it could help things run a little cooler might be a good mod to check into. Or maybe Shags just trying to make his hog look like the Raider he knows he really wanted and should have gotten instead.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Now if you could lift the top 2" and leave thebottom where it is, that might be something. . .

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Arkansas Warrior said:
is that the pull cord laying behind the front wheel?
hahahahaha! That's almost as funny as resale value of a Warrior.
Oh. ****.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Arkansas Warrior said:
is that the pull cord laying behind the front wheel?

Naaa, that's a tampon string!!!!!!

Why would anyone want to lift the tank on a Warrior? They're made to look low and mean, especially with a speed* intake. You Harley guys are a hoot! Hey, I think I may be on to something, Harley Hoot! All you Harley guys can gather together and look at each others bikes, stick out your chests and say, "WE ARE MEN WHO RIDE HARLEYS!!!!!!!!
"

Ooooops, I forgot Honda beat you to it AGAIN!

DAAAAAAAAYYMMMMM!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts