RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, all!

I am doing well! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I was discharged from the hospital on Dec. 12th, (accident was on August 5th), and I have been back to work since Jan 5th. In 2 more weeks, I should be able to ditch my crutches and try to start walking on my own!

I know that it may be a stupid question, but what is the possibility that my accident was caused by a locking tranny? In case you haven't heard about my accident, go to:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10007&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=storm_warrior

Heres something to think about: I put down a 38 foot rear only brake mark before I was hit head on. Now, I don't remember the accident, and it is unlikely that I was hit head on at the SAME TIME my tranny shat, but what are everyone's thoughts?

Also, I have lots of update info, but don't know who is interested in what, so ask me a question, and I will fill you in!

Rob

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Glad to see you back my friend. We were all pretty worried about ya. Good to see you will ditching those crutches and back to work.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Good for you Storm. Get better, ride again.

The only details I know about your wreck was what was posted by gus:

quote:...He was driving northbound and a 52-year-old lady driving south turned left right in front of him. He locked the rear and low sided into the front bumper and ended up pinned under the Explorer...

Do you really think your tranny locked up at the exact moment some jackass left turned in front of you? Or is it more likely you jammed your brakes on, attempting anything you could do to avoid a collision?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Welcome back! Glad to hear your getting back onto your feet! Warrior gods were with ya. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hey man - glad to see you're back. I had a woman in a Durango pull right out in front of me one day - locked the rear tire for about 20 feet, got around her and gave her the "Hawaiian Peace Sign" as I kept cruising. It's not me I worry about, it's the idiots driving cars and SUV's. Get better soon my friend - happy you're ok! - Jim

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
storm,
Glad your getting back on your feet. As far as the tranny deal do you know who removed your bike from the seen and was it able to roll? I am not even sure if it was in one piece, but just a thought. once again get well brother.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I don't know you , but I'm glad you're gonna be OK. Godspeed on your complete recovery and I hope you get a ton of cash for your trouble.
Joe

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ya -- glad to see your getting better [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Hogeatter is right -- I would think if the tranny went it, the rear wheel would not move again till it was taken apart and repaired. Sounds more like you just grabbed all the brake you could trying to get it stopped.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I don't know about you but I've locked her up in panic stops a couple of times. When your miliseconds away from becoming one with twisted metal you'll try anything to save your a$$. I was left turned on a t-boned some dumbsh!* on my last bike and I left a nice patch of rubber behind.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Great to hear you're doing fine StormW.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
I think the man upstairs had his eye on you while you had the brake pedal scraping the asphalt trying to stop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts