RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of modifying (again) my Warrior. The lower cowl is here, I'll be shipping the stock wheel for widening, and C&S's trees will be later on in the year. This is what she looks like now:

I'm trying to see what I can do about the covers on both sides of the bike. You know, on this side it holds the seat lock. I wonder if you guys can throw some ideas out. I have kind of a block right now and can only think of a colour match. I've also see a race car number "3" on the site here. Looked cool. If you guys can throw some things out there so I can at least start looking at google images and such would be great.

Xanderhttp://rswarrior.com/photos/md-82/images/928324/original.aspx

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I think they look best painted to match. In your case perhaps painted to match AND matching flame/graphics as well. From there, painting the fender stays to match also looks good. And finally, I'd do something with that pulley cover. Never liked that sucker...

·
Registered
850 Posts
painting to matchlooks great. as far as the pulley cover, check out my gallery. i have only seen one other like it and that is on the bike of the guy (wailen123) that made it for me. i love it. good way of using those unwanted stock parts...

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Painted mine 1/2 way down to match the right side.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just took my covers in with the rest of the tins to get painted. One thing i did, was have him fill in the hole where the helmet lock goes so the cover is solid and that ugly lock is removed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply guys. Guess I have some homewor to do this evening.

Xander

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Scott said:
I just took my covers in with the rest of the tins to get painted. One thing i did, was have him fill in the hole where the helmet lock goes so the cover is solid and that ugly lock is removed.

Granted I sold my warrior about a year ago and amon my second other bike since then,but isn't that lock for removing the seat? I seem to remember there was only one and you had to lift the seat to use the helmet lock. That's the one you had filled in?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got an idea. Same base yamaha grey, with white shade true flames originating at the tip of the cowl, advancing back and up. Sideplates with coninuing true flame in same direction.

Project to be completed together with the 240 kit.

Xander

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
My chin cowl is on the way....

I am going to go gloss black, red mesh inserts and POSSIBLY a red stripe around the base that matches the rims....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ive got a buddy with a harley fatbob that has a textured black air cleaner. You could rhino line it to get that effect. They also have textured paint that looks alot like the stock paint on the transmission covers, side covers, etc. Or paint em' black and airbrush some nifty things on them.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
That be a no go on the polish idea, they are carbon steel not aluminum or stainless, painting or chroming them is really the only two choices. I painted mine to match the tins with the intention of putting kanji on them that read "Warrior" in Japanese. But I crashed the bike before I could paint it on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts