RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I overthink things but my bike doesnt seem to have a "high idle" when cold. It seems to run well but I think it should have a higher idle when first started cold.

Am I wrong?

I also would blame the engine temp sensor but again Im a car mechanic.

·
Registered
692 Posts
slngshott said:
They do not idle any diferent when cold.Just the way it is.
Would have to repectfully disagree with you there. When cold, my warrior fires up and idles at approx 1200 rpm for about 20 secs before it idles down to approx 950-1000 where I have the idle set. This is normal operation. If you do a search for "cold idle" you should be able to find the info you are looking for

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
NorCalWarrior said:
slngshott said:
They do not idle any diferent when cold.Just the way it is.

Would have to repectfully disagree with you there. When cold, my warrior fires up and idles at approx 1200 rpm for about 20 secs before it idles down to approx 950-1000 where I have the idle set. This is normal operation. If you do a search for "cold idle" you should be able to find the info you are looking for

Agree'd the first few seconds of a cold start mine idles above the 1k rpm, then slows a little.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would have to agree as well, mine idles above 1k rpm for approx 30 seconds then idles down to about 900, that is a characteristic of fuel injected engines is it not??

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts