RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rookie questions......

My bike is a 2004 warrior.

When it idles, it starts around 1000 / 1300rpm and then drops to around 800 after awhile.

What the normal idle RPM`?

When I altered the map on my PCIII, the idle RPM increased. Can I adjust the idle RPM manually with the screw under the seat without destroying the map?

A few times in traffic I end up with engine failure ( itdies due to lack ofgas, I presume)

Sholdnt the PCIII compensate for this? Or does a higer idle RPM solves this problems.

Later guys!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The 1000/1300 range is due to the "First Idle Control System".
Basically more fuel volume is injected into the engine during cold
starts to improve startability and stabilize engine speed.Once warmed up, idle should drop to a MOM recommended 850-950 rpm.

What you are descibing sounds mostly normal to me. However, the "stalling" is certainly not normal. You may want to contact your local dealer, provide your VIN#, and see is if there are any recalls on your bike. Specifically the TPS recall which can cause idle issues and stall the bike as described.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
Engine Idle Speed: Warm 850-950rpm with clean filters and clean/gapped plugs.

When you altered your PC3 map you changed air:fuel. Use your PC3 software to set the warm idle.

These things depend on zero% throttle (idle) being set properly in your PC3. Did you check to be sure your zero% throttle is correctly set? Once you know zero% idle is set, then you can adjust warm idle to spec.

ECU - PCIIIUSB - Set Throttle%:
1. http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_general_downloads.aspx
2. http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/Qarbon/Set%20Throttle.zip

pirate1 said:
Rookie questions...... My bike is a 2004 warrior. When it idles, it starts around 1000 / 1300rpm and then drops to around 800 after awhile. What the normal idle RPM`?When I altered the map on my PCIII, the idle RPM increased. Can I adjust the idle RPM manually with the screw under the seat without destroying the map?A few times in traffic I end up with engine failure ( itdies due to lack ofgas, I presume) Sholdnt the PCIII compensate for this? Or does a higer idle RPM solves this problems. Later guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts