RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am very new to the motorcycle and had my warrior for less than a week. The bike is 2006. When I first start it, it stalls unless I keep giving it gas. I would think one could adjust throttle screw somewhere to increase rpms. Not knowing what to do, can you help me out? Where do I find this screw?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Pull the seat off and you'll see a gold screw
That the idle adjustment...
First warm the bike up and set it between 950 to 1k ....

Also sometimes it's the LVC that starts acting up and that's why u have to give it gas for it to stay on till it warms up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You got great advice there I can't add to it.

Post up some pics of your bike left side right side tank off if you can do it and members will call out visible mods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi guys!!! thank you for all the welcomes! Below are some pics. The bike was neglected I feel so bad for the bike I'm going to try to get it to be loved now that I have got it. The bike looks pretty bad ass though and that's what made me fall in love with it.

I went in to oryles auto parts and they told me that air filter for this guy is 90 some dollars. I want to install BAK now that I know that. Does anyone know if there is a detailed tutorial on how to do it. Previous owner looks like never changed the filter and even took off the right side filter completely. Probably because it was starving for air and he did not want to put any money into it.

This is the speedometer that's on the bike. I don't know what it is and if it's any good. It shows 16000 miles but I don't know if that dude zerod miles before installing it and it actually has 116k miles. Could that be?

Thanks for all your help fellas

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Wow! Interesting headlights and tail light, seat setup, etc.. Best intake for this bike (IMHO) is the Churchkey VBAK, made and sold by a member here. He gives exceptional installation instructions and customer service, might want to check it out. And welcome!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know it us unfiltered, the dude that sold the bike to me i guess did not give a **** unfortunately. I did not know enough about these bikes until I started doing research once I bought it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks I missed your question. I don't know what it idles at. The dude installed some aftermarket speedometer that does not show RPM so I would not know what it is

·
Super Moderator
27,699 Posts
Yep that pic is the brain, the ECU.

Fuel manager is smaller and usually labeled. It is often forward of the ECU and gently slipped under a frame member on top of the delicate fuel pump (nipples). Also it is sometimes under the ECU or slipped into the battery box under the ECU in cases where a smaller-case lithium battery has been installed. Its easy to see by simply gently lifting the ECU a bit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts