RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I warm my bike up for about a minute, 80-85 outside here in Boston, when initially riding it will sometimes die when coming to a stop? At the 600 mile service I noticed that the owners manual calls for possible idle adjustment. Has this occured to anyone else soon after getting their Warrior? What should the idle speed be, 800?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
249 Posts
Happens all the time. Most folks are adjusting their idles to the 950-1000 range. Do a search and you will find more info than you can handle.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Do it yourself. The adjuster is under the seat just behind the tank. Just turn it clockwise a bit and watch your tach. No need to pay the stealer for doing this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oldman,

oh ok ok, good to know...do it tonight, I figured it would be there for the service anyhow but if it's that ez I'll adjust it so between now and then it is better...

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Great! The longer you're on this 4M the more you will end up doing on your own, the more $$$ you'll have for mods![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
That's what I thought at first: save $$$ by doing it yourself. Wait until the mod bug will hit you. No matter what you do yourself you will keep spending more... [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't have a manual and I want to adjust the idle, I know its under the seat can anyone give me a little more info? Thanks.. BTW I have a service manual on route so after this no more basic questions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive had my warrior for 400 miles and had the same stalling issue when cold. Searched this forum and adjusted my idle from 800 rpm to 950-1000 rpm and it hasnt stalled again.

Knob is under seat coming out from under the tank, somewhere on this site is a very clear picture.

Dave-

·
Registered
156 Posts
thanks I found it, I didn't think that screw looked like a throttle adjuster but what do I know. I found that if I had the idle at 1000 it would backfire and pop like crazy so I dropped it to around 900 and she's purring!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I found that the beast needs to be fully warmed up when messing with the idle, if you do it cold things can get weird.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try to find special tool which connected to first cylinder can show your exact current rpm. I guess it will be availabe at most of the workshops. Usually it is a little bit higher when you just start, and after one minute shall vary from 950 to 850.

·
Administrator
29,515 Posts
Jack (OldMan),

I know this is an old post. I don't know how our paths haven't crossed before. Wasilla doesn't have a single paved road outside downtown, does it? I'll bet that makes for exciting riding! Would you please post more area pics than just the ones in your Gallery? Maybe you could even start a topic and post a few there?

Thanks,

Mike

quote:Originally posted by OldMan

Do it yourself. The adjuster is under the seat just behind the tank. Just turn it clockwise a bit and watch your tach. No need to pay the stealer for doing this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts