RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Y'all want the factory to make your mods for ya.

Its basically a hot rod get your butt off the couch & mod it the way you want.

·
Administrator
28,201 Posts
Ah Woody I would still have installed your kit and done certain other mods. After 16 years the factory needs to pony up some equipment to entice me. Never happen tho. This kind of bike comes along once in a lifetime.

I've been looking at the 2019 Breakout 114. Its attractive at first. Feels nice in the saddle. A little front wheel heavy maybe. Its peppy but not astoundingly. It's okay in the twisties. And as importantly after sitting looking at it many times I did not love the look or the sound or the feel of it.

I intended to keep my Beast. I did not really know how often I would ride the Breakout. Walked away.

But I would buy my wish-list 2020 Warrior in a heartbeat. And order my VBAK lol.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Here is what I would like to see in the Warrior 2020 and for which I would be ready to pay money:

- 2020CC engine displacement
- full air cooling
- no balancing shafts
- convenient and simple intake system, like Vbak
- the volume of the fuel tank is two to three liters more, probably even 4, for the engine capacity is 2 liters))
- six-speed gearbox
- simplified mounting of some sensors, such as a neutral sensor

Everything else can be found and done for yourself.

BUT....I think that the next bike wich Yamaha will name the warrior will be electro...like a screwdriver :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I love my Fiat 500e. Electric vehicles are the future. I would like to get an ebike one day, but at my age, I doubt that there will be any affordable enough for me before I can no longer ride. But we'll see.... An electric Warrior! Oh heck yeah, but only if it outperforms the one I have now. Varoom! I do have an electric mountain bike, Levo. Crazy good! Makes me ride like a twenty something again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Keep the 1700cc but super charge it so it can have at least 150bhp and a stock 240 rear tire but R1 forks and brakes and it needs to be able to carry more fuel and I don’t mind it in the frame Evan if they can get more in
And it always can do with more ground clearance so raise the frame or alter the shape of it reposition the pegs in some way but keep the general shape of the warrior the same .

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Y'all are a trip & sound like you have buyers remorse. You should have known what the Warrior is when you bought in & as such you live with whatever short comings you may deem it has or change them to your liking as I do on every bike I have owned.
As much as I like the look of Danny Count's HD with the "Sugar Bear" front end I don't want to ride it, seems to me you would need an empty parking lot to make a U turn = its a profile "look at me" ride. Not dissing ya if that's your thing go for it.

You can buy more HP than you can build into a basic air cooled V twin it is what it is.,,,.

You need HP? New Ducatti's, Beemers, R1's, Busa's are 200hp off the showroom floor & have a warranty. Ran my 04 Busa past 180 indicated a few times the Warrior topped out about 135.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks wise, I don't think anything compares to the Warrior (and this coming from a guy that moved on to a Raider). But if I were to ask Yamaha for a new version, I would go GW's direction... Squeeze the V-Max V4 into an authentic looking cruiser like the Warrior.

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
The only problem with that is the Warrior must stay air cooled. Water cooling is great for power but clutters the profile & looks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anti-lock brakes, liquid cooling, all digital instrumentation, better air intake like what Churchkey created, and the old style tank badge.

·
Registered
173 Posts
260 18 rear 130 18 front genuine R1 front end suspension n brakes keep the general shape similar and with better ground clearance for cornering but fit a re jigged Big Bang R1 engine tuned for torque lighter and more powerful but still got that noise that makes you grin

21 - 33 of 33 Posts