RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cheered me up - a Michelin Pilot Sport HPX rear tire (200/50/ZR17) for $100 here -http://www.dtmaonline.com - ordered last night, shipping today. ****, may as well get this done while the "rebuild" is underway. Almost 4,500 on the odo with the stock Dunlop. - Jim

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Hey Jim, is that tire pretty sticky, I'm gettin whooped down here with that old Dunlop on my bike in traffic light drags. Hehehehe.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've read in this forum it's sticky first couple hundred miles. One good burnout should do the trick. (just kidding....!) - Jim

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Hey Jim, is that tire pretty sticky, I'm gettin whooped down here with that old Dunlop on my bike in traffic light drags. Hehehehe.

Who and what are you getting whooped by ???
I love hearing stop light drag stories

Kyle

·
Registered
785 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MacWarrior

Kyle
Well I wasnt going to say anything, but, ME!! and my slow ass Warrior.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
145 Posts
IMHO the Sport HPX is a wonderful tire. Way more sticky than the stock Dunlop. Talked with the DMTA tech about front end washout while they installed the new HPX... just remember that your front tire is not as sticky. Scuffed it up on cloverleaf intersections the day I purchased it. Found that 37 to 38 psi riding one-up does the best for me...cloverleaf testing. Took the bike up into the hills the next weekend and pushed it a bit. I'm still grinning! Lucky for me that DMTA is about a 15 min drive from my house. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ELVISWARRIOR

quote:Originally posted by MacWarrior

Kyle
Well I wasnt going to say anything, but, ME!! and my slow ass Warrior.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Hehehehe, yeah I got a big helping of whoopazz last week. While I was figuring out how to go foward Elviss' robe was flowin' in the wind. Next time I'm grabbing it and having him tug me along for the first few feet then I'll whoop his azz. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
As he put all that HP don't do no good unless you can put it to the pavement, I sure looked cool going sideways without dumping the clutch though.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ya, I am running a HPX right now also. It is definitely the best tire I have tried yet. Sticks better under any / all conditions than any other tire I've tried so far. I am sure there is something better out there, there always is, but my next tire will be another HPX.

NO. Michelin does not make an HPX that will fit on the front of the Warrior.[V] At least not that I have been able to find and I have searched and searched and searched .....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've been bigtime into burnouts with 8k miles and am on the 3rd tire, ready for number 4. Powerbraking is for *****'s.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Somebody's got to make a better 200 tire for the Warrior than the Michelin, which I'm sure are great tires. I don't do French these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts