RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you MAY be "old-enough" to remember me... I was "Bikeless Bob" and a moderator on the Road Star Riders for many years ago. Heck, I remember when the Warrior first came out and the group grew so fast that the "Warrior folder" on the forum wasn't big enough and "you all" created the RSWARRIOR folder!

As you can see by my member number, I've been "here" for a LONG time.

But, as you see by the number of posts that I have... I never got the chance to own a Warrior... UNTIL NOW!!

I just picked up a used 2007 Warrior on Saturday (22nd)!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I finally own "the bike" that I've dreamed of every since the 2002's hit the showroom floor.

I most recently came from a 2000 Valkyrie (Standard) - a GREAT BIKE by the way - and I can tell you the Warrior is about as different as trying to compare some luxury sedan to a Hummer!! <hahaha> Anyway, I'm sure you guys would have laughed at the sight of me looking 10-15 minutes for the **** petcock so I could turn it to RESERVE when the low-fuel light came on!! [/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

Anyway, the new bike already had V&H pipes, and a PCiii on it... I have to check but I'm HOPING that it also has a BAK. But, since it still has the two OEM covers on both sides, I'm guessing not.

IF NOT, well then I need to decide between the Churchkey, Baron, and Patrick Racing BAK. There's quite a spread in prices (Baron's is the cheapest), are there any opinions on what you get or the quality to justify the price difference?

Next up will be a short windshield... I'm leaning toward the Yamaha Boulevard... both for style and price.

Also on my list is a 260 kit [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] !! The 2006 and 2007 wheels are the thinner-spoke'd version, and I think they'd look great CHROMED too. Now just trying to decide between a black or chromed swingarm... But then again, the Mrs. was PO'd that I was going to get a $150 windshield, so not sure I want to mention the $3000 wheel kit at the moment![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

One last question/thought... I haven't decided about the FORKS. They're BLACK of course, but have had my eye on the billet fork covers that come up for sale now and then. But the application chart shows that they fit 2002-2005. Does anybody know if they'd also fit a 2007? Did Yamaha change the forks for the 2006 & 2007's so that those covers won't work???

Thanks... I'll be reading a LOT, doing a lot of SEARCHES... and will try to post more too. If you ever want to chat offline, just PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Lovin' my Warrior...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just added the only pictures I have to my gallery... just snapshots from the dealer floor. Will try to take more (and better ones) some time over the next week.

quote:Originally posted by wmfrow

good to head you now own the bad boy. post some pics. and welcome back
[8D]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what "Washington Warrior" rings a bell too!!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

I remember ya, Bikeless Bob finally got a warrior, congrats!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Welcome--"back"? Nice to see you are no longer "bikeless". Omaha's a nice ride from here, esp. along US92. Was over there a couple months ago for the Johnny Winter show on the river. Maybe we can go for a scoot if I get that way again.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ydoc

... I need to decide between the Churchkey, Baron, and Patrick Racing BAK. There's quite a spread in prices (Baron's is the cheapest), are there any opinions on what you get or the quality to justify the price difference?...

Churchkeys and PR have velocity stacks. Barons simply sticks filters on the throttle bodies BUT has a nice coil relocation plate. For looks: Barons, for performance: Church or PR.

Hmm, a triple digit member number. You ARE old! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hmmm how about...re-welcome to forum. Congratz on your bike.
You'll have to tell us the story of how you found a "used" '07. Cant see why anyone would have a bike for that short of time.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
The chrome fork tubes will need to be trimmed about 3/4 of an inch to fit the 2007. Get the PR or Churchkey VBAK the Barons sucks.. You can but a Plate for $42.00 from akitadog on this site.. Welcome back..

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
ydoc, Welcome, and welcome back. I suggest that one of the first mods be a more comfortable seat for the wife. (after she learns how uncomfortable the stock one is.) Then the rest of the mods get easier.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Loren.

Yeah, DSM isn't THAT far away. If you ever anticipate being in the Omaha area, let me know!

Our group usually traverse the Loess Hills for our rides... south to Nebraska City and/or north up to the Pisgah ("Old-Home-Keep-On-Truckin' Cafe) areas. Drop me a PM or email and I'll give you the link to our local (Delphi) forum.

Ride safe!

quote:Originally posted by Loren78

Welcome--"back"? Nice to see you are no longer "bikeless". Omaha's a nice ride from here, esp. along US92. Was over there a couple months ago for the Johnny Winter show on the river. Maybe we can go for a scoot if I get that way again.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<lol> Yeah, I AM old! And if you think MY NUMBER is any indication... I don't dare tell you how old I AM!!

Thanks for the comparison on the BAK's. I wasn't able to tell from just the photos of them. I'll probably be contacting Churchkey for his... AFTER I make sure there isn't one already on the bike! It already has pipes and a PCiii, I'm HOPING that the previous owner already did a BAK too (although the stock scoops are intact and still there).

quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

quote:Originally posted by ydoc

... I need to decide between the Churchkey, Baron, and Patrick Racing BAK. There's quite a spread in prices (Baron's is the cheapest), are there any opinions on what you get or the quality to justify the price difference?...

Churchkeys and PR have velocity stacks. Barons simply sticks filters on the throttle bodies BUT has a nice coil relocation plate. For looks: Barons, for performance: Church or PR.

Hmm, a triple digit member number. You ARE old! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by independent_lemming

Hmmm how about...re-welcome to forum. Congratz on your bike.
You'll have to tell us the story of how you found a "used" '07. Cant see why anyone would have a bike for that short of time.

Well, funny you should ask... I'd been looking since the end of June. I had found two 2003's on eBay (Minneapolis) that would have been perfect, but MY WIFE said "NO WAY, not until you sell your Valkyrie". Well, by the time it DID sell, both were gone.

Then the BATZMAN's 2004 Warrior came up for sale here on RSW. I wanted IT real bad... but he sold it to guy in Florida before we could come to terms.

Since then, it had appeared that the "Warrior-Supply" (that fit my needs and travel limitations) had dried-up. I was checking the local newspapers, craigslist, American Classifieds, CycleTrader, and eBay on a multi-times-per-day basis in my search... nothing.

Early last week my "OODLE" search advised me of a bike in St. Joseph, MO (two hours south of Omaha, NE). Oodle said that it was listed on eBay... WHAT!? I checked eBay and it wasn't there. THEN I NOTICED that I had the "auction" flag checked... and this bike was a BUY-IT-NOW or BEST OFFER... so it hadn't shown on my searches. I used the BUY IT NOW option and now the bike is MINE!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

The really unusual part was that after I got home I got to thinking about how this is a 2007 bike, it only has 1,686 miles on it... and the 2008's have just come out - hmmmm... I wonder if there's any warranty left? So I emailed the dealer this morning and they said that the previous owner bought the bike in APRIL (2007)!!!! I can't imagine WHY he would have bought it so soon, dump the money into it that he did... and then sell it/trade it in to a dealer less than 5-months later!!???

I'll be checking at my local dealer to see how much (if any) warranty is left... and maybe check to see if I can still purchase a YES extended warranty. And then hope that there is some kind of a recall (like on the earlier bikes) so that I can "hop-up" the motor while they have it apart at THEIR expense...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

1 - 20 of 55 Posts