RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the new Raider and am considering getting one. I'm thinking about (trying to anyway) selling my Warrior for $10K on EBay.

I think I'd pull the sissy bar and DT seat and take some shots of it with the stock seat - to make it a little more photogenic.

Anyway, my Warrior isfairly unique (raked) - so I don't know if this would work for meor against...any opinions? Is $10K a good asking price?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It looks like your bike is pretty heavily modified. I'm sure you have put a lot of money into it. Unfortunately you can't expect to get a bunch of money back for your mods. Considering you can pick up a brand new 09 for $13000 I think your asking price is high. But then again, anything is worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it. Somebody on ebay might see it, and decide that they must have it despite the price. Whenever I sell anything I start high and see what happens. You can always lower the price accordingly if nothing happens. It all depends in how big of a hurry you are. I had my CBR for sale for about 4 months before somebody bought it, and I ended up selling it to some guy with money that was willing to pay the extra cash for the extra stuff I had done to it. It's a waiting game.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Your '02 is one of the most well-built and unique bikes on the forum, and $10k seems like a steal for anyone in-the-know. It must be hard to consider selling it. I'll begrudgingly sell my VStar to make room in the garage for a Raider but I won't sellmy Warrior. But then, mine is still a project in-the-works (lol) and your canvas is finished art. Maybe you can have both bikes?

·
Registered
861 Posts
If the warrior doesn't excite you anymore-get rid of it. You can always buy another one. I have thought about selling mine for a while now, but may hold on to it for another year or two. Although, mine is close to stock, so it would be nothing to replace it. I have been trying to turn the warrior into something that it is not----a touring bike. I got old in a hurry because it is now more fun to hit the open road with my fiance, than too tear up the streets with the boys. The Raider rocks-enjoy it!!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
Your '02 is one of the most well-built and unique bikes on the forum, and $10k seems like a steal for anyone in-the-know. It must be hard to consider selling it. I'll begrudgingly sell my VStar to make room in the garage for a Raider but I won't sellmy Warrior. But then, mine is still a project in-the-works (lol) and your canvas is finished art. Maybe you can have both bikes?

Thanks!

My Warrior and a Raider are fairly similar - I just couldn't see having both (unless I were rich!).

If I keep it, there's still many things I want to do with it. I guess we'll see...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey Bro. No one can sympathize with you more than me. I listed my bike on Craigslist last week, listed it locally the next day, and on eBay last night. I have some offers already coming in and several "lurkers" watching the auction. My belief is that there are people out there who are LOOKING for bikes that are customized with features that are easily marketable and eye catching - so I don't think you will have a problem selling your bike. Downside might be the rake as it changes the handling/driving characteristic of the bike. As for the bike itself - has always been one of the nicer bikes on the site and very unique - hate to see you sell it, but not nearly as much as I hate selling MINE.

If all goes as it should, I will most likely have mine gone a week from today. Go figure. But you can always get another one. There will always be bikes available from other guys just like you and me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts