RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going through the MAP section of the forum and most of them dont have what mods they apply to. Ive got a 07 that will have VBAK, AIS, and BUB Jugg Huggers. I may alsoput Dyna coils on as well, but still not sure. Ive got the bike torn down for paint, so Im trying to do as much as I can now. Any1 have any suggestions on a map that will fit my set up.

·
Registered
881 Posts
D, I'm looking for the same **** map, myself! I know that RUCKUS has the similar set up, so I hope that he can extract it from his PC3 and share!

My problem, presently, is that my PC3 is the older kind that doesn't have a USB line-in, so I've got a whole other dilemma in my hands.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got the same issue. When I grabbed it from Vlad he told me how he got around that issue but ive forgottn already. Thats bad since I just got it friday. LOL. Ive got to talk to him again about it. When I find out Ill let you know.

If RUCKUS does have a sim set-up, it would be great if he shared. My mom always told me to share. But I always lock my toolbox! LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shawnzilla,

I had the same issue with my 2002 that I purchased last year. I just bought a usb to serial cable and found a good driver for it from a GPS users site that has the same issues ( the driver that came with the cable did not like the power commander software). The program itself you can get from the power commander website. You can use a .map file since the old serial power commander uses this format. I believe it adjust the fuel curve every 500 rpms. the new power commanders do this at every 250 rpms and have a different file extensionI think. I took a new formatfile and made my own bytyping inthe values at every 500 rpms and it worked great. its been a while but there is some other info covering this same subject obtainable though a search. If you have any problems let me know and I'll send you what I have.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just talked to my pops, he knew exactly what is needed. He's alt more computer savy then me. He owns a computer store and thinks he has it in stock. Alright Shawn, we got past that speed bump pretty quick. Now we just need the **** MAP! LOL. Kinda feels like having a cigarette and no lighter!

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
You need to use the MAGIC MAP that everyone else uses. Amospro's map. WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! That map works for everyone. Try it, you'll like it...
(I'm not kidding. Give it a try.)

·
Registered
826 Posts
dualxhst289 said:
Ive got the same issue. When I grabbed it from Vlad he told me how he got around that issue but ive forgottn already. Thats bad since I just got it friday. LOL. Ive got to talk to him again about it. When I find out Ill let you know.

If RUCKUS does have a sim set-up, it would be great if he shared. My mom always told me to share. But I always lock my toolbox! LOL

Hey, Derek, you could've asked me again if you forgot... Glad ya'll figured it out though! Like I was telling you - I had it hooked up straight to the back of my laptop, but it was old laptop and had serial port on it. For you I guess COM -> USB cable is the way to go....

As for the map - not sure if I can help much. I've searched here before, and posted questions, but couldn't find anything with exact same mods. The map that's on the PCIII now felt like it worked best.... it was running a bit rich, but I liked the driveability better then other maps I've tried.

PM me your email address and I'll send you whatever maps I have saved.

P.S. And when you search here for the maps, don't forget that old PCIII maps are not competable with PCIII USB maps - they are of different format. I think there wassome weirdway to convert them, but don't remember how...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vladens said:
dualxhst289 said:

Hey, Derek, you could've asked me again if you forgot... Glad ya'll figured it out though! Like I was telling you - I had it hooked up straight to the back of my laptop, but it was old laptop and had serial port on it. For you I guess COM -> USB cable is the way to go....

I didnt not ask you intentionally, just hadnt gotten to it yet. I stopped at my dads computer store today and he ordered a serial to usb cable for me. Should have it soon. Ill see how that map works out b4 i try anything else. The tricky thing is that im doing alot of mods at once so its already gonna feel like a big boost in power.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shag said:
You need to use the MAGIC MAP that everyone else uses. Amospro's map. WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! That map works for everyone. Try it, you'll like it...
(I'm not kidding. Give it a try.)

Thanks man, i just figured out that Vladen(who I got the pcIII from) had the same mods as Im putting on. SO ill see how that goes. If it feels like it can take more ill give that one a shot. Is it compatible with the old PCIII format?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Vladen, is there an "older" software that adjusts the maps in 500RPM intervals and makes uploading the maps any easier? I've downloaded the PC3 software from their website and everytime I try to connect with my unit, it gives me a "connection error" message, instead. I'm a littleconfused.

Or I wonder if it's the USB/SERIAL cable's driver that won't let me connect. GPS driver?? As in TOMTOM or Garmin?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts