RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been routing around the web to locate the actual Star model number for the just-released 2009 R*Warrior and I ran across posts in the UK and Canada saying the 2009 UK-only model number was (and I copied this bit) 2009 Yamaha Road Star Warrior (XV1900A Midnight Star)- UK Specifications.

I tried twice to drag the rest but can't get it. It continues to say the 2009 model won't be released in the UK in 2009 and instead the same model is shipping to the US as the rest of the world.

This is 90% supposition, but based on Yamaha's Model# sequences, the 2009 model year should be the "Y" model, and 2010 the "Z" model. That is usually an indicator Yamaha plans changes to the model. Last week I read an R1 forum post that said the V-Max was the only Yamaha bike toexceed thismodel# nomenclature constraint, which covers up to 20 years (6 alpha characters are skipped like I and Q and U because over years of wear the tags and pagesget confused with similar letters of the alphabet.

2002 XV1700PCP*

2003 XV1700PCR*

2004 XV17PCS*

2005 XV17PCT*

2006 XV17PCV*

2007 XV17PCW*

2008 XV17PCX*

2009 XV17PCY* (?)

2010 XV17PCZ (?)

I'm not making this up this time, and I admit I usually screw around befroe the new model is introduced. I'll keep hunting and if anyone else sees something I hope you'll chime in.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I can't see them offering a 1900 for the UK and especially Canada and leaving us the leftover 102s especially after the delay. I'd believe it if I saw it, otherwise it's just more random internet rumors.

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree. Of course US motorcycle sales figures are still down and the EU sales figures are stronger in general. I'm working on getting the rest of the article. Let me know if you see anything floating around out there okay?

Marco Polo said:
I can't see them offering a 1900 for the UK and especially Canada and leaving us the leftover 102s especially after the delay. I'd believe it if I saw it, otherwise it's just more random internet rumors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts