RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to this forum although I did register when i first saw a Warrior bike in2005 and i loved it first time i saw it. I live in UK, and i am trying to get my hands on agood example Warrior bike. I have seen few for sale at dealers but I want to find out is it better/cheaper if i import one from USA or should i stick with UK market?

I want to know, if possible, what is involved to import a Warrior from USA? Also whatwould be the costs of importing one to UK.

Thanks in advance

Gaz

PS If you know a Warrior for sale please send me a message or email me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Check e-bay for bikes for sale.Members have sold theirs to over seas.Check with a few shipping co. to get a price and info on shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply. I am looking for second hand one. Dont want to spend 7k on new one, if i can get a second hand one for around 4k then modify it.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Gaz, have you seen the exchange rate recently for the £ to the $? We've lost out big time, if you'd have bought from the US 3-4 months ago you'd have been on a real winner, it was over $2 to the £. Now it's around $1.60 something for a quid.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Gaz, I bought my midnight from Phils Motorcycle Mall. Lovely bloke.

He's got a second hand one or two on his site from time to time too. That's the way I'd go, used you'll probably get something that already has some standard mods on it (pipes bars etc)

Gibbsy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gibsy

I have checked all dealers for past6 weeks or soand to be honest they all have overpriced bikes. Phils Motor Mall has 1 used Warrior for 7.5k which i think is way to expensive its year 04 and it has some mods i wouldn't do to my bike, specially that exhaust. lol.

Anyways as Brit Warrior mentioned the exchange rate isn't that good nowdays soI may just hang on until a second hand bike comes up for sale in UK but with reasonable price.

I would love to buy this though http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/118950.aspx

Gaz

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do u reckon what will be a silly offer? I dont really like that colour to be honest.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
In Canada we have a "Registrar of Imported Vehicles" and they have a website that shows all their requirements to import from the US. For example: All recalls must have been performed (letter from Yamaha USA stating this) and within 45 days of import their inspection must show that any needed changes were completed ..ie: daytime running lights , speedo conversion re Kilometers. Those aren't issues with the Warrior though..it already has them.

Then the US Customs wants original and a couple copies of clear title at the border crossing 72 hours before the bike leaves the country.

I guess my point is you should check the requirements in your country and the US.

·
Registered
137 Posts
try bill lomas motorcycles on the autotrader web site,one on there graphite grey with some goodies and he want £4995 good price

steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ithink i will have to stick to UK market, buying in US at the moment is not worth it. I have seen that one Steve, i will have to see if i can find time to go and see it as its fair distance from where i live.

Is 11000 milesa lot for Warrior?

Gaz

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
v2racer said:
Is 11000 milesa lot for Warrior?

Gaz

Mine's an 05 with 17,000 miles on it. Just loosening up
There are some guys onthe 4Mwith getting on towards 100,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool

So if this bike hasn't gone through recalls, someone mentioned you can get high comp pistons when they do recall!

Where can i find all the info about recalls and what gets done when getting the bike through recall.

Do u pay for having high comp pistons?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Use the search feature, you'll find all you need to know, and more. Yes you pay for the pistons, but save on labour costs as they have to split the engine to do the transmission mod.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
V2 if you see a bike listed for sale anywhere in the country i am sure at least one of us on here will not be to far away from where it is and we could go and check if the bike is OK and in good order
for you if your intrested inbuying.

I am sure none of us would find it a hardship to go and talk bike with other bikers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why do you want to import it?

Buy it in European Union, buy already imported bike that is for sale. Just put it in a truck that goes to UK.

For example this one - the buddy of mine rode it till the end of this season. Really good condition. Has some aftermarket parts and brand new Michelins.

Or you may look for another Warrior ot this site (it's in Lithuania) - http://auto.plius.lt/ - use a search.

Warrior's became very popular here during the last few years, so plenty of them were imported from USA.

I know this guy too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts