RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been said yet but Carknee, I did notice the Inbox now has a notifier with it. Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Keep up the great job.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
It's a nice option, I noticed it yesterday also. Thanks Carknee

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I noticed the inbox notifier today. It indicates inbox(3) so I check them and all thats in it is a couple older messeges I saved. Is there another way to check these or is there stilla glitch in the PM area. I am a bit confused.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
jimmy2 said:
I noticed the inbox notifier today. It indicates inbox(3) so I check them and all thats in it is a couple older messeges I saved. Is there another way to check these or is there stilla glitch in the PM area. I am a bit confused.

Hey Jimmy2, this is the topic that likes the inbox notification feature, here is the thread where we are discussing the less than finer points;

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/109865/910336.aspx#910336

For now I think you have to treat (3) as equalling zero, for me (1) equals zero, sort of like todays new math LOL!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yeah I spotted the other post just after I posted a reply on this post. Thanks I am keeping an eye on this topic.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks to carknee and the mods, the inbox notifier is a good thing.

On another note, I am getting used to this new site format.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
That number is not real time. This site upgrade was mainly about performance. On the old site there were 100's of database calls every page load to show all the data. With the new site, certain bits are cached to speed things up. Checking every users PM count on every page request is expensive! That number will eventually go to 0 after you read them all, but not immediately.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i use to get email notifications of any pm's on the old site and havent recieved any since the big switch and noticed i do in fact have pm's that havent been read, is there a way to get email notification with the new site? thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts