RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on the Baron Big Air kit part # BA-2050WR, Competition Piston kit # BA-5550WR & Power Comndr. # PC 403-211.
Can get it all for $1200 minus labor. Is this a good price? And are these after-market parts of good quality? Finally I plan on putting on drag pipes un baffled, what would be the ball park performance increase?
Thanks!
dentalfloss

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Baron kit = $190+
Comp pistons = ~$400+
PCIII (new) = ~$275+

You'd be better off going with a 108 kit, building your own BAK and picking up a PCIII for a little more than the $1200 that you mention. Just my opinion.

This setup (108 kit, PCIII, pipes, intake) and a good set of pipes should get you in the 100Hp/115 lb-ft range.

If you search the forums you'll find more info on this stuff than you can read in one sitting, guaranteed [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif].

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful but .....

I wouldn't buy the baron's big air kit: Churchkeys or Patrick racings kits produce more power (from the velocity stacks). Most people seem to be buying Yamaha/Orient Express or Patrick racing high compression piston kits (OE and PR have discounted them at the moment to $300).

Unbaffled drag pipes will probably loose too much back pressure and reduce power, better to go with a Pro-Pipe, bigshots, Muzzy or S* pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts