RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike went down today[V] I've had it for one week. I came to a complete stop, then turned left onto a newly paved road. It was dark. There was still lots of loose asphalt on the ground[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] I was going about 2 MPH and the rear end went out like it had hit marbles. No injuries[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] I bent my foot controls. Destroyed the air intake. (I'll be sending money to Churchkey) Scratched and dented the gas tank. Here's the problem. My bike doesn't have factory paint. Custom colors and airbrushed images. There won't be any touch ups here. Does anyone know about an aftermarket tank that would make my bike look a little different? The OEM replacements seem to come painted and won't match my fenders so I'll be paying for paint regardless. Any paint or part suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
1st of all, welcome to the forum fellow Warrior owner!
2nd, glad that there were no injuries and your bike wasn't badly damaged
3rd, if you have custom paint and some airbrush work, how about some **** pics man! LOL!
4th, I suggest you just buy a used tank from ebay so you can paint it the way you want.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Sorry to hear of your spill, slow speed seems to do as much damage as high sometimes. I agree with Gregg, e-bay or local sales network will be your best bet. Welcome to the forum, dont lurk in the shadows, if you know about Churchkey means you been reading, come in and participate.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and sorry about your spill. I was looking at your bike in your gallery... man, that's a shame. It was a great paint job. At least you aren't hurt.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Ahh, I didn't look at your gallery. Nice paint job. Do you plan on doing the same theme on the new tank or are you going with something new?

·
Registered
533 Posts
****, That really sucks. Vector is right on. Unless you want to play with a tank that may or may not work. Just thank the BIG MAN that you walked away from it. Now don't be a stranger! Get on here and keep us posted. We really do care as it could happen to any of us at any time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by vector18

Ahh, I didn't look at your gallery. Nice paint job. Do you plan on doing the same theme on the new tank or are you going with something new?

Paint wasn't something I was thinking about until today. Anything I do will most likely involve the fenders too. I suppose I can start from scratch.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Brian, First of all, any accident you write about...Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Sorry to hear about your ride. Ebay is probably the best place to start. Guess you'll have to get the fenders involved in a piant job now. Nice lookin' bike. Will you keep the same theme? And last but not least Welcome to the best **** forum on the web!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard! Sorry to here about your mishap, but Glad to hear your ok! If your tank isn't dented too bad it is possible the painter who did your airbrushwork can fix it and it'll never show. I have touched up several of my old murals that have been been damaged due to an accident or vandalism, keying, etc. If you don't know who he is or tank is badly damaged, try to find a used or new tank without the factory graphics. The reason being that those graphics have to be removed before custom paint can be put on and its a pain to get them off. I just picked up a spare tank on ebay for under 200 about a month ago that was in really great shape. Good luck on your search! Forgot to say, our paint looks good!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Oh man! I also dumped my bike the first week I had her. Going 1/2 mph hit the front brake too hard while parking it and slammed down. I was saved by the stock can, no damage.

You asked about after market tanks, I don't know who makes them but I have seen a "streched" after market tank and I think it might even hold more fuel. Try a search and see what you come up with.

BTW welcome!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everyone's support. It means alot to know that I'm not the only one whos abused his bike. All my other bikes have been beaters so this one really hurt. I think I may have found a solution to my problem. I ride everyday. It was 27 degrees here this morning and I rode. Downtime for paint would be a problem. There's a fella in Charlotte (a four hour ride from here) who keeps tins in stock. He's able to paint first and trade tins after. Minimal downtime! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] His web site has pics of some really good work at fair prices. It sounds like he uses quite a bit of House of Kolor and their stuff usually looks pretty sharp. I'm gonna give him a try. www.bdscycles.com

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad to hear you're OK and weren't hurt. It's a shame that beautiful paint job was damaged though. Hopefully you find a tank at a good price and have it repainted the same way. It would be shame to have to change the paint sceme.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to my world.Is that the bike from WOW? If so thats my waterheater on there. I got your pipes and PC3 sorry bout' that[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bid on the tank listed on ebay above this post hit classified and ebay is there. Then send it to get stretched at like BMS or locally and then get it painted.With the cheap tank on on ebay you get to ride while you wait!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
To the OP: If you lowsided on a left hand turn, you damaged the *fake* air scoop on the left side of the bike, that houses the AIS system. The actual intake is on the RIGHT side of the bike and should be undamaged.

Good luck with the repairs! Glad you weren't hurt [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
255 Posts
What Parabelum said and BTW if you mod the engine mount and move all the other hoses (fuel break) up under the tank it makes the left side look much better you can see the engine. Look for mods and you will see what I mean. Look at it this way now you have an excuse!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts