RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my yamaha inner fender elimintator kit. How the heck do you get the rear turn signals off the stock fender? I losened the bolt, but everythingis still connected. Also, eliminating the rear plate light, what wires do you cut? No, I do not have the instructions to the eliminator kit.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tail light unplugs, but the rear turn signals are krimped. Do I have to cut the wires for the rear turn signals to get them off the stock mud flap/fender?

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
fake said:
The tail light unplugs, but the rear turn signals are krimped.

Hmmm....

Odd... mine were not krimped... have you tried to pull them apart... it may look like they are krimped but they should NOT be, unless someone else played around with them..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have not pulled on them. Let me go check.

They looked krimped, but I can't tell because there are in a thin plastic sleeve thing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I got it. The wires pull apart from the connectors in the plastic sleeve.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Arizona-

I just today made my yami eliminator kit, one piece. The dealer used both pieces about a year ago when I bought it. I only had to pull apart the blue wire and the black wire to remove the plate light.

I am now reading about clicking noise problems and error messages from searching old posts on the subject. I have turned on the key(not engine) to make sure stock signals and taillight work. If I do get a problem, what is the simple fix? I am no mechanic or electrician keep in mind. Thanks.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Isn't that a great improvement?

OK put your electrician's cap on then . . . ah heck I can't do it you're too nice a guy.

You are not at risk of death by clicks . . . that comes from removing the FRONT incandescent running light bulbs.

BTW remember to tape-up the empty plug for the plate light so it stays clean into the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts