RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off, I didnt know how to take the passenger seat off when I started. lol I seriously thought it un-bolted from underneath but the welded nuts told me otherwise.

After some quick detective work, it all made sense...

Remove drivers seat, removed passenger pillion, removed pillion bracket, checked out the @ss end sitting there naked and exposed.

Then there was the matter of hooking up the heating elements. Pretty simple, hook black cable to battery, remove turn signal fuse, plug in the adapter, make it all fit.

Put the seat on, little shove to latch it, done.

Super easy. I had no instructions as I bought it used.

Thanks OKIE for the seat and thanks to PAPAWHEELIE for the link.

Here it is all installed with my co-pilot in training testing it for me.

Done this winter....

Seat change, mud flap chop, and L&M chin installed.

If I could make a plea to those who control the weather, could we please make the TAYLOR ARIZONA area warmer. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Your gonna love that seat on long trips or all day rides. Looks good

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I am expecting. I sat on it in the garage and I can definetly see how it feels wide with your feet on the ground, but if you put them on the foot pegs...NICE!!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question for anyone who has the Rumble and happens by this thread...

Which way does the switch go for high heat AND how long does it take to be noticably warmer??

Just wanna make sure everything is working right. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
BJINFIDEL said:
Thats what I am expecting. I sat on it in the garage and I can definetly see how it feels wide with your feet on the ground, but if you put them on the foot pegs...NICE!!!

Wait till you go riding......you will love the seat. Looks Good!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Im not sure about the heated seats , mine is just your standard Rumble

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dude, you're gonna love it. Besides the cool passenger option, the seat itself is VERY comfy. I got it for 2 up but I soon realized that when riding solo with the rumble part down, it's almost like a backrest. I don't know if yours is broken in yet but mine just keeps getting more and more comfortable.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have yet to see a warrior with a rumble seat that looks cool. I'm sure it's comfortable though. I guess thats all that matters to some people. While your at it, why don't you install a cup holder and a set of those huge antennas that touring bikes have. j/k. Point being, if you wanted a touring bike, why did you buy a warrior?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scoper50 said:
I have yet to see a warrior with a rumble seat that looks cool. I'm sure it's comfortable though. I guess thats all that matters to some people. While your at it, why don't you install a cup holder and a set of those huge antennas that touring bikes have. j/k. Point being, if you wanted a touring bike, why did you buy a warrior?

Couldnt find a cupholder that matched my paint scheme...lol

Anyway, when I first saw the rumble I was not impressed. It took me a while to come around. I agree %100 that there are better looking seats BUT not for 2-up riding. This seat offers comfort and 2-up capability with the look of a single when closed. As far as a touring bike, no, the warrior STILL isnt one,but there is no reason that I shouldnt be comfortable if I choose to do 400 miles in a day.

Simply put, the rumble is a little bit of this with a little bit of that and when you throw it all together, it fits my needs the best.

Do you have a link to the huge antennas though, I could put the CB in the Low and Mean Chin Fairing. lol

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:

Thank god for the internet - where else would I get my daily dose of knowledge from people who don't have any experience with said item...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol

I tell you what, this Sunday is the first REAL ride I will get on it. (100 +miles)

I have done a few 30's and 40's and I cant wait to see how this feels.

when you turn the heat on high, you feel like you peed your pants. lol Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts